Year 2-8 | Dumbledore

❝︎Your bravery was greater than your ambitions❞︎

2-8: Dumbledore

We were all seated in the great hall studying, not too far from us was Ginny Weasley. Hermione and I thought it would be a good idea to keep a very close watch on her just in case. I could feel everyone eyeing Harry, even Ginny. He looked around frantically and annoyed, even Ron and Hermione was looking at him. I didn't bother looking up, there was no need to. I know Harry would never attack Hermione or any other muggle borns.. But so would Ginny. Unless.. She wasn't, she was being controlled by someone. But who?

"I'll meet you guys at the dormitories," My thoughts were cut off by Harry getting up to leave. Probably uncomfortable from all the stares he was getting.

"I'll check on him," I tell Ron and Hermione heading off and following Harry.

I was about to call out his name when I noticed something strange. He was looking around frantically again trying to chase something. He must be hearing the voices again, this happened last time too. I closely examined him following him in a distance, he was turning corners sharp and confused until he stopped.

"..Harry?" I called out carefully. I walked towards him as he just stared at me.

"Is it the voices again?"

"I think it's going to kill."

I should tell him about Ginny, warn him about her, and everything I told Hermione.

"Harry, there's something I need to tell you. When I-" I stopped and noticed a puddle of water. Strange, the puddle spread through the entire corridor. I walked towards it and Harry followed noticing the water. There I saw Nearly Headless Nick and the Hufflepuff boy back at the dueling session, petrified.

"What in the world.." I say examining the scene. What connections were there? Both of the attacks.. There was a trail of water. What could that mean? Harry got on his knees to examine the petrified boy. Nearly Headless Nick's head was.. well nearly pulled off.

That's something he does when he is greeting someone, so the attack must have happened when he was greeting someone, either the Hufflepuff boy or the attacker. The Hufflepuff boy had fallen backward after being petrified. This means he saw the attacker in front of him through Nearly Headless Nick's body. The trail of water was in front of the Hufflepuff boy, it had something to do with the attacker.

"Caught in the act." Harry and I looked around noticing Filch standing around the corridors.

"I'll have you out this time Potter. Mark my words.. You too Clermont," He turned around walking off.

"No Mr. Filch! You don't understand!" By the time Harry called out his name, he was gone. I looked down at the petrified boy again and saw the spiders walking in a line up the walls of the corridors and out through the window again.

"Harry, look." I nudged him. He stood on his feet and examined the spider, his gaze following the trail of spiders. Footsteps started to approach us and McGonagall and Filch showed up. She let out a gasp when she saw the scene.

"Profesor- I swear we didn't" Harry turned to face McGonagall.

"This is out of my hands Potter.. Follow me, let's go to Profesor Dumbledore. You too Evelyn"

~***~

"Profesor Dumbledore will be waiting for you" She brought us to a room with a phoenix statue in it. Harry looked at me and I nodded as we stepped inside the tiny room with the statue.