Year 3-8 | Buckbeak

❝︎Well what can it be, an animagus?❞︎

3-8: Buckbeak

"So are we gonna talk about it?" I asked Hermione who was sitting on her bed with her arms crossed. She had been acting differently lately. Just today in divination class she knocked off a crystal ball off the desk before walking off. Even though Trelawney was a little harsh on her basically saying she was going to die a know-it-all but sugar coated, Hermione Granger getting out of class with sass towards the teacher! It was totally unlike her.

"Ron's not talking to me because he thinks Crookshanks are Scabbers when he clearly just lost it. Sirius Black is still nowhere to be found and worst of all Buckbeak is getting executed tomorrow," Hermione groaned. We had just gotten the news from Hagrid. When Lucius Malfoy was notified about Draco's little scratch he was furious. Being the highly respected man he was, he won the case easily and Buckbeak was sentenced to death. I was totally dumbfounded, the one thing that gave me so much joy would have it's head cut off tomorrow, now I really understood Hermione's anger.

"If it makes you feel better Harry's got the Marauders map taken away," I scoffed sarcastically.

"Are you kidding me?!! How can they be some stupid?"

"Tell me about it."

"All they do is eat all day long, they depend on us to survive! Ron is the worst. Always asking me for help on his homework, always teasing me around. It's like he sees me as his mother!!"

"Oh shut up Hermione we get it you guys fancy each other."

"I DO NOT!"

"Okay, okay, I'm kidding."

Hermione let out a large sigh rolling her eyes slouching on her bed.

"...And what about Professor Lupin?" She asked. Professor Lupin, the werewolf. He still hasn't returned to teaching yet, I'm assuming he will after the full moon rises. Although I am quite worried Harry is getting private lessons for a werewolf.

"..I trust him" I thought for a second before replying. If he had bad intentions, there was no reason for him to help Harry from the dementors back on the train. Dumbledore trusted him when he hired him. Even though my respect for him after seeing his favoritism did quite lower, he was a great wizard nonetheless. If Professor Lupin really was up to something he would've noticed by now.

"All the two do is just eat at day and mess things up and we clean after them. Ron is literally the worst have I ever mentioned that? He is such an idiot, my cat would NEVER kill it's rat!"

"Where did he even get the rat?"

"It was his brother Percy's. They had him for 12 years."

"12 years? Merlin's beard how is that thing still alive," Hermione didn't respond. I looked back up at there to see what she was doing, she was just sitting there frozen looking down at the floor with a serious look on her face.

"..That is weird"

"Well what can it be, an animagus?" I joked. It was unexplainable why it had lived to be so old but if it really was an animagus, why would it be with the Weasleys? This was even before Ron had met Harry so it just doesn't add up. "Don't think of it too much we need to visit Hagrid tomorrow in the morning Hermione, we should get some sleep."

"Alright, good night Evelyn."

"Good night," My eyes teared up at the mention of Buckbeak remembering the rush of euphoria I had felt. I would do anything to just go back to that time, it was perfect. Just Harry and I in the sky, no one to bother us.