Year 2-12 | Diary of Tom Riddle

❝︎In a few minutes Evelyn Clermont will be dead❞︎

2-12: Diary of Tom Riddle

HARRY'S POV

The room was dark, in the very end was a statue of Salazar Slytherin. The floor was wet and statues of snakes surrounded the entrance. At the end, I saw Ginny unconscious, next to her was Evelyn who also unconscious. A man was standing above her with a hand on her chin closely examining her.

"Evelyn" I called out running towards her. The man backed off and watched from a distance as I knelt beside her dropping my wand.

"Evelyn! Please don't be dead, wake up! Wake up!" I stared at her lifeless body, her skin had lost the warmth and become pale.

"She won't wake," The man said. I looked up and took a closer look at his face. Tom Riddle.

"Tom, Tom Riddle! What do you mean she won't wake? Is she-"

"She's still alive, but only just"

"Are you a ghost?"

"A memory, preserved in a diary for many years."

I touched her lifeless hand, the one that would always squeeze my shoulder instantly calming my nerves.

"She's cold as ice. Evelyn, please don't be dead, wake up... You've got to help me Tom, this Basilisk-"

"Won't come until it's called," I looked up confused to see him holding my wand.

"Give me my wand Tom."

"You won't be needing it."

"Listen we've got to go we have to save them!"

"I'm afraid I can't do that Harry you see, as poor Evelyn grows weaker, I grow stronger. Ginny helped a lot on that part" What did he mean? Ginny helped him? Does that mean she had opened the chamber of secrets?

"Yes Harry, it was Ginny who opened the Chamber of Secrets."

"No, she couldn't, she wouldn't."

"It was Ginny who sent the basilisk on the muggle borns and on to Filch's cat. Ginny who wrote those messages on the wall. Ginny who attacked Evelyn bringing her to me."

None of this was making sense. Ginny was Ron's sister and I know she wouldn't do any of these things. I know she wouldn't hurt Hermione or even attack Evelyn. I've seen her dueling Pansy, she wouldn't lose to Ginny.

"But why..?"

"Because I told her to. You'll find that I can be very persuasive. Not that she knew what she was doing, shall we say she was under some kind of trance? The power of the diary started to scare her and she tried to dispose of it but it landed in the hands of yours, the one I was most eager to meet. Evelyn on the other hand didn't even budge, chose a slow painful death over joining me. Pity."

"Why did you want to meet me"

"I knew I had to talk to you, meet you if I could. So I decided to gain your trust by showing you a scene of the capture of Hagrid"

"Hagrid is my friend! And you framed him didn't you!"

"It was my words against Hagrid's. Dumbledore seemed to be the only one who thought he was innocent.

"I bet Dumbledore saw right through you"

"He did keep an annoyingly close watch on me after that. I knew it wasn't safe to open the Chamber of Secrets again so I decided to leave behind a diary preserving my 16 year old self so one day I would be able to lead another to finish Salazar Slytherin's noble work."