Year 3-3 | Euphoria

❝︎We stared into each other's eyes, a sense of Euphoria rushing up in my body❞︎

3-3: Euphoria

"Dadalada!" Hagrid came back to the open space with some sort of creature. It looked like a horse but with wings, it was gorgeous. Some students watched in fear, some in amazement, some in curiosity, and some like Draco, in disgust.

"Isn't he beautiful?" Hagrid said throwing a possum at him which he cleverly snatched from the air, eating it up. "Say hello to Buckbeak."

"Hagrid.. Exactly what is that?" Ron said, his voice shaky a little out of fear.

"That Ron, is a Hippogriff. First thing you wanna know about then is that their very proud creatures. Very easily offended. You do not want to insult it, it may just be the last thing you ever do."

I looked back at Buckbeak, it was beautiful. The more I look at it the more I fall for it, such an elegant beast. It's fur was grey and white, and it looked extremely fierce.

"Now, who would like to come and say hello?" Everyone immediately backed away rustling leaving just Harry and I in the front.

"Well done Harry and Evelyn, well done!" We looked around to see everyone was too scared to even go near it. I didn't exactly mind as much, it was only just greeting it. How bad could it be? I nudged Harry as we both walked forward closer to Buckbeak.

"Now, you have to let him make the first move. Step up, have a nice bow, then wait to see if he bows back. If he does, go up and touch him, if not... We'll talk about it later."

Harry looks at me with a blank expression on his face. I shrugged as I slowly started to bow in front of the beast keeping eye contact with him, Harry soon follows and bows besides me. As soon as Harry bows the beast flaps it's wings letting out a little sound.

"Back off Harry back off!" Hagrid motioned Harry to back up, my heart skips a beat as he steps on a stick. I stayed perfectly still, still bowing before it keeping my eye contact. It slowly acknowledged the two of us and bowed too.

"Oh well done you two well done," Hagrid said throwing it another possum. "You can go pet him now," Harry looked at me again with a blank expression, it's cute when he does that.

I slowly walked towards Buckbeak putting my hand out, it snapped the air a couple inches away from my hand. I gasped a little but didn't pull my hand back. I slowly continued to walk toward it with my hands reached out as it examined my hand before rubbing it's head on it. Harry came along and slowly rested his hand on it's head as we both smiled.

"Well done! Oh well done you two," Hagrid clapped and the rest of the students clapped with him, except Draco and his friends of course.

"You guys can ride him now," Hagrid said walking over to me.

"WHAT?" Harry and I both said in unison. He picked up Harry first placing him on Buckbeak's back then placed me behind him.

"Don't pull out any of it's feathers because he won't thank you for that," Hagrid said spanking the beast as it rose on it's two front legs. I let out a shriek as I wrapped my arms around Harry's waist burying my face into his back. He leaned forward and wrapped his arms around Buckbeak's neck as the beast ran past the students fast before stretching it's wings and flying away.

I looked up a little from Harry's shoulder to see we were flying above the castle and above a river. The view was amazing. Harry slowly sat up straight, pulling me up with him, my arms still around his waist. Buckbeak slowly hovered right above the water as Harry stretched his arms out feeling the wind hit him.

"WHOO!" Harry let out smiling, I sit up straight too keeping my hands on his waist looking around at the view. I couldn't help but smile as the wind messed up my hair. I felt the sudden rush of Euphoria and yelled out too in happiness. I felt so free flying, no one else but me and Harry. He turned back to face me with a smile on my his face and I returned a genuine smile, our face inches apart. We stared at each other for a few seconds before laughing. I've never felt more happier in my life. This is what flying feels like, it felt like I had just cut off something heavy from my shoulders, I've never felt more free in my life.

Buckbeak flied back up and towards the forest where Hagrid was, I didn't want to get off. Everything was just so magical as if all my problems have washed away. Even though I really didn't want to get off, Buckbeak landed back on the open space.

"Well done Harry and Evelyn well done!" Hagrid greeted us again picking us up and off Buckbeak.

"That was wicked!" The crowed cheered for us. I looked back towards Buckbeak who looked at me with curiosity.

"Thank you Buckbeak, thank you for the happiest day of my life," I whispered hugging it's head. I don't know if it had understood me but in return it buried it's head in my arms.

"Yeah you're not dangerous at all are you?" Buckbeak looked back up at Draco who was marching his way towards me and Buckbeak.

"Draco No-" I tried to warn him but it was too late. The students all let out a scream as Buckbeak raised it's two front legs scratching Draco's arm. It was a mere scratch, only his robe ripped, he wasn't even bleeding.

"Woah woah WOAH! Buckbeak!" Hagrid stood in between the two and threw another possum to the side.

"Ah it's killin me! it's killed me!" Draco moaned. He was obviously faking it, I scoffed. You're kidding me. Gabrielle could act better than this.

"Calm down it's just a scratch," Hagrid said trying to calm Draco down.

"Hagrid! He has to be taken to the Hospital" Hermione came out from the crowd of students yelling.

"Alright, I'm the teacher I'll do it," He said as he picked Draco, who was still moaning, up in his arms.

"You're gonna regret this!" Draco yelled out.

"Class Dismissed!"

"You and your bloody chicken!"

A QUICK HARRY'S POV

I looked back at Evelyn letting the wind guide us. Her hands grabbing my waist, my body starting to tense. Our faces were inches apart, she was extremely beautiful, arguably the prettiest girl I know of in Hogwarts.

There was a huge smile on her face, she even yelled out in joy, I've never saw her this happy ever before, she looked so free. We stared into each other's eyes, a sense of Euphoria rushing up in my body. She let out a small laughter as we stared at each other breaking into laughters.

She was the cause of my Euphoria, I felt comfortable and happy around her. I think I fancy Evelyn Clermont.

꧁♡꧂

Thank you for reading my story! Commenting / Voting greatly helps the growth of this story :)

(A/N) Hope you guys got the reference! :)

Also, I noticed my story was at almost 100 reads! That's crazy! I know it might not sound like a lot but it means to world to me. Thank you to anyone who read through this far :)

it is currently 11/2 or something 2021 almost a year after I wrote this and I'm writing this eating a subway sandwich for no reason