Year 3-9 | Scabbers

❝︎Well well, Evelyn, you really aren't a Clermont for no reason❞︎

3-9; Scabbers

The black dog quickly jumped over the three of us and headed straight towards Ron sitting on the ground hugging Scabbers.

"RON!" I called out as the dog bit Ron's leg dragging him towards the womping willow. Harry dived to grab Ron's hand but barely missed, the black dog now dragging him into a little hole under the tree. I pulled Harry back up only to be thrown backwards by the womping willow, my head landing on a rock. I felt a warm liquid run down my face with a sharp pain on the side of my head, blood. We quickly got back up as Ron's screams echoed through the air, the tree getting ready to attack us if we stepped foot near it.

"Come on," Harry said grabbing my hand as Hermione followed us towards the Womping Willow. It's thick branch missed us once and then two more strikes down separating Harry Hermione and I. Directly in front of me was the hole that Ron was dragged into. I quickly made a run for the hole as the tree attacked Hermione and Harry knocking them back. One of it's branch came straight down towards me, if it hits me I would be dead right away. I made a quick dive into the hole getting in it as the tree barely missed my legs.

I fell on my knees letting out a quick yelp after sliding down the hole. It was a dark passageway that led somewhere straight, in the distance I head Ron's scream. It was pretty far down the passageway, what if it's too late when I get there after waiting for Harry and Hermione? It was too risky to wait and I quickly ran down the passageway following Ron's faded screams.

At the very end of the passageway was a ladder leading up to a trapdoor. The air was oddly humid and dusty in here, and quite chilly too. I slowly got up the ladder and out of the trapdoor as quietly as possible, in the background were Ron's whimpering. He was still alive.

Outside the trapdoor was a house, a thin yet steep one. The floors and walls were all made of wood, very old wood. There were spiderwebs and dusts everywhere. I recognize this odd structure of a house, I'm in the shrieking shack. I went upstairs following Ron's cries and outside a fairly large room, it was in a really terrible condition. There I saw the black dog dragging Ron onto a mattress. It started to walk back towards the middle of the room slowly changing it's shape. It's legs growing out, the mouth compressing, the spine straightening up vertically until it changed into Sirius Black. He's an animagus, but why wasn't he killing Ron? I took my wand out of my pocket and slowly walked in pointing it at Sirius Black who only laughed.

"Evelyn Clermont."

"You murderer," I gritted my teeth. I was terrified of course but without me Ron would be hopeless. Something was strange though, Sirius Black wasn't even armed. No wand, no weapons, nothing to protect him. His intentions were never meant to kill any one of us.

"No I did not murder Peter Pettigrew-" He spat that name with such disgust.

"You did something worse than murder" His story of killing his old friend, Peter Pettigrew, was a well known story in the Wizarding World especially since it was everywhere on the Daily Prophet. he left nothing of him but his finger. He opened his mouth to say something but was interrupted by Harry and Hermione storming into the room rushing towards Ron not yet noticing Sirius Black. I slowly backed away not letting my eyes off of him towards Harry.

"HARRY! It's a trap, he's the dog. He's an animagus!!" Ron said pointing behind me. He looked at the four of us and I saw his expression change from his maniac like one to a serious one. He slowly walked towards Harry as I got in between the two, my wand still pointed towards Black.

"If you want to kill Harry you'll have to kill me too," I said although I wasn't even sure how he would kill him unarmed. Either way this man had been to azkaban and got past the dementors, you'll never see anything coming with him.