Year 5-8 | Dumbledore's Army (4)

I walked up to the Astronomy tower in hopes to find a certain blonde hair boy. Surely enough Draco was leaning against the balcony watching the stars as always. He had an unusual saddened face, he rested his head on his hand staring into the distance.

"What's on your mind Draco?" I asked leaning beside him.

"Piss off Evelyn" He scoffed not looking at me.

"No seriously, tell me. You and I are both in a very similar situation don't you think? I'll understand you"

He paused for a second looking at me then looking away. "I don't want to go home for Christmas. I'm afraid the dark lord would be sitting across me. Staring at me with his snake like eyes" He said taking a deep breath. I didn't exactly know what to say, he couldn't just not go home and run away.

"What if.. What if I become just like my father? Become a death eater?" He said breaking the silence. It was a question that I had myself too, what if I become like my mother. Just like Barty Crouch Jr had said, what if I'm just like my mother.

"I know you'll do the right thing Draco" I said very quietly, "I know we'll both do the right thing"

"What is the right thing Evelyn?"

"I don't know.. Time will tell. Thanks for um.. Telling me this" I said smiling a little. He had told me something he probably hasn't told anyone and that does make me happy. He knows everything about me, I know everything about him. It felt good knowing someone was in a similar situation with me and how we could both trust each other for it.

"Also what you said to Neville was totally unnecessary" I said furrowing my eyebrows turning to face him.

"He deserved it"

"Draco!"

"What? It's the truth"

I sighed shaking my head. I wasn't going to change this boy with a blink of an eye. It took him time to open up to me and it's going to take a whole lot more to change him as a person, if he does that is.

"I don't understand why you try to be someone that you're not" I said looking away.

"You're talking," He scoffed, "You try to be the elegant part veela girl everyone expects you to be when really you don't like it"

I paused for a moment, I don't like being elegant, he was right. I want to go cheer Harry in his quidditch games, yell his name, scream whenever he catches the golden snitch. I want to hex Zacharias, I want to yell at people for being a total scum to me but I can't.

"We're both just like our parents even if you don't want to admit it" He muttered under his breath.

"I guess you're right" I sighed. The two of us fell into complete silence and watched the stars again. There's a reason Draco comes here often, he has a lot on his mind that he wishes he could clear up but can't. After all he was just like his father, I am just like my mother.

***
"ALL STUDENT ORGANIZATIONS ARE HENCEFORTH DISBANDED. ANY STUDENT IN NONCOMPLIANCE WILL BE EXPELLED"

Another frame with another rule hung up on the wall outside the great hall. Umbridge had caught on already, all she needs is proof that the DA exists. Nonetheless the numbers on the edge of the fake galleon changed indicating the second meeting of the DA.

"Stunning is one of the most useful spells in your arsenal. It's sort of a Wizard's bread and butter really" Harry said walking down the middle as the students lined up on each side and I stood across from him on the opposite side of the room.

"Come on then Evelyn, give me your best shot" He turned to face me from the other side. I sighed pointing my wand at him. I strongly disagreed to perform the stunning spell on him but I was the only one that knew how to do it aside from Harry.