Year 2-10 | Basilisk

❝︎You're very impressive Clermont.
Very powerful indeed❞︎

2-10: Basilisk

Hermione and I met up with Harry and Ron and walked along the corridors out onto the field. Harry wanted to tell us something important as fast as possible. His breaths were uneasy, and he was walking really fast.

"It was Hagrid. Hagrid opened the Chamber of Secrets" Harry whispered to us. There's no way it was Hagrid. Hermione and I were now almost sure it was Ginny, whether she really is the heir of Slytherin or was being controlled.

"It can't be Hagrid, it just can't," I said

"You don't even know this Tom Riddle, he sounds like a dirty rotten snitch to me," Ron says. Harry told us he found a diary in the girl's lavatory, someone had tried to get rid of it. When he wrote inside it he was 'sucked into the diary' which showed Tom Riddle discovering Hagrid had opened the Chamber of Secrets.

"The monster had killed somebody Ron. What would any of us have done?" Harry says.

"Look, Hagrid's our friend. Why don't we just go and ask him about it?" Hermione says raising one eyebrow.

"That'll be a cheerful visit. Tell us, have you been setting anything mad and hairy loose in the castle maybe?" I looked over at Ron to see Hagrid stand behind him. These idiots.

"Mad and Hairy? You wouldn't be talkin' 'bout me now would ya?" He says.

"No," We all turned around to face Hagrid and replied in unison. He stared down at me and I looked away, though I know for a fact Ginny was behind these attacks, Hagrid really could've opened the Chamber of Secrets if what Harry saw was correct.

"W..what's that you got there Hagrid?" Harry asks drawing Hagrid's attention back at him.

"Oh, it's uh.. flesh eaten slug repellent, for the Mandrakes y'know? According to Mrs. Sprout, they still have a little bit of growin' up to do. But once their acne's cleared up we'll be able to chop them up and stew 'em and get the rest of the people in the hospital unpetrified. In the meantime, you four best be lookin' out for yourselves. alright?" We nodded and he walked away. I looked over at Hermione who only sighed furrowing her eyebrows.

"Harry! I don't know who did it but you better come!" Neville came running towards us panting. "Come on!" We looked at each other in confusion before following him.

~***~

We walked into the boy's dormitories to find Harry's bed completely destroyed. His stuff was all ripped apart and broken. Everything was thrown everywhere as if someone was looking for something.

"It had to be a Gryffindor. Nobody else knows our password" Hermione says. Ginny, it was Ginny. But what was she looking for?

"Harry, where's Tom Riddle's Diary?" I asked walking up to him and kneeling beside him.

"It's gone," He says still searching through all the broken pieces of glass and the dust particles. I looked over at Hermione who looked at me concerned.

"Let's tell Mrs. McGonagall. She'll clean this up Harry" I place my hand on his shoulder giving it a quick squeeze before leaving the boys dormitories and out to the common room. Hermione followed right behind me grabbing my arm.

"To the library?" She asked.

"Let's go," I say nodding.

~***~

"So 'you know who' could be behind these attacks?" she says placing a book down on the table. I had just finished telling her about the letter from my dad and what Draco had told us about his father. Both were supporters of the dark lord.