Year 5-9 | Dumbledore's Army (5)

The rest of the year went by and Christmas was nearing. More and more rules were made by Umbridge and the walls were running out of space for more. The DA meetings were going great so far, no one had snitched on us and Umbridge still hasn't found out.

We learned many different spells, starting with the disarming charm and then the levicorpus jinx. I even got the chance to teach everyone the protection charm, many didn't take it to their likings but were proud of themselves when they succeeded.

Recently, Umbridge announced the creation of the inquisitorial squad for extra credit. Draco and a couple other Slytherin students were quick to sign up with their new flashy badges. The inquisitorial squad was really created just to help Umbridge find out what Harry was up to.

Today was our last DA meeting before the Christmas break. The students were gathered around the room in a circle casting spells at the target dummy making it bounce back and fourth.

"Working hard is important. But there's something that matters even more, believing in yourself. Think of it this way, every great wizard in history has started out as nothing more than what we are now. Students. If they can do it, why not us?" Harry said encouraging everyone.

"Stupefy!"

"Expelliarmus!"

"Reducto!" Ginny casted her spell destroying the target dummy into dust

"Reducto!" Ginny casted her spell destroying the target dummy into dust. We all looked at her surprised wondering how she did that. I remembered back in our second year when she casted the reductor spell on me in the library under the imperious curse. Maybe that had something to do with how good she was with these spells.

"Why don't we get in pairs and practice before we call it a day?" Harry broke the silence. The students fell into chatters once again getting into pairs. I paired up with Neville to help him perform the disarming charm while Harry continued to walk around helping the others.

"Expelliarmus!" Neville pointed his wands at me but nothing happened.

"A little more on the wrist Neville, you got this"

He nodded pointing his wand at me again, "Expelliarmus!" My wand went flying into the air catching the other student's attention. A couple of the students gasped and I did too smiling at Neville.

"Well done Neville!" I rushed over to him along with many other students.

"Fantastic job Neville" Harry came around giving him a pat on the back.

"Thanks Evelyn" Neville said smiling at me.

"So, that's it for this lesson. We're not going to be meeting again till after the holidays, so just keep practicing on your own the best you can and well done everyone, great-great work" Harry said from the very front of the class as we all clapped. Hermione Ron and I walked up to stand next to him joining in on the clapping.