Year 4-12 | Third Task

"Cedric!" I ran towards Cedric who was walking alone in the corridors. The third task was tomorrow. Fleur had told be she wasn't able to drop the tournament and she would have to participate still, Harry too decided to participate.

"What's up Evelyn?" He asked smiling at me like usual.

"When the third task begins tomorrow, promise me you'll give up in the middle. Get out as soon as you can, please"

"Why?" He furrowed his eyebrows.

"The tournament is rigged to Harry's favor. Someone rigged it but all I know is that you know who could be behind this. It's not safe Cedric, please, please just get out in the middle" I pleaded grabbing on to his arm. He looked at me with a puzzled expression thinking.

"It's rigged to Harry's favor?"

"Yes, please just give up the tournament"

"I'm sorry Evelyn, I can't. I'm going to win this tournament don't worry. Remember, Dumbledore is closely watching the match, he'll know when something is off. Not to forget, hundreds of students are also watching"

"Cedric no-"

"I promise I'll be safe. Trust me on this one, I saved you from the black lake come on"

I sighed and looked up at him. Hundreds of students were going to be watching like he said. Not to forget Dumbledore was too, if anything were to happen someone would see it right away. I nodded slightly and Cedric smiled at me again. If anything goes wrong I'll know, I'll be watching closely.

***
The four champions were gathered around in a room an hour before the third task was to start. I was hoping the tournament would be canceled following the death of Barty Crouch but it continued. Cedric's dad was by Cedric's side, Igor Kakaroff by Viktor's and I stood by Fleur. I was wearing a Beauxbatons uniform since I would be supporting Fleur who was from Beauxbatons.

"Evelyn" Harry walked up towards me, "Snape said something about poly juice potion, Moaning Myrtle too. Someone has been using it around the school"

I raised my eyebrows surprised, could this be a coincidence? Even so, using the poly juice potion is strictly prohibited at Hogwarts. Someone was up to no good.

"I'll look into it Harry," I walked close towards him and gave him a hug, "Stay safe Harry. Remember, everyone, even Dumbledore is watching over you guys. If anything happens I'll be there"

Music started to play from outside the room and everyone lined up to walk outside. Cedric's dad was the first to go out skipping, he was a bright man just like Cedric. Soon, Cedric walked out followed by Viktor and Igor, then Fleur and I, then Harry and Dumbledore.

Everyone was cheering for us as we all stood on the field. The beauxbatons girls were doing some sort of dance to cheer for Fleur.

"Silence!" The crowd got quiet as Dumbledore spoke, "Earlier today, Profesor Moody has placed the tri-wizard cup deep within the maze

"Silence!" The crowd got quiet as Dumbledore spoke, "Earlier today, Profesor Moody has placed the tri-wizard cup deep within the maze. Only he knows it's exact location. Now as, Mr. Diggory and Mr. Potter tied for first place, they'll be first to enter the maze, followed by Mr Krum, and Miss Clermont. First person to touch the cup, will be the winner!" The crowd roared. I watched Moody make his out of the maze eyeing Harry and then me.