Year 5-6 | Dumbledore's Army (2)

We walked inside Hog's Head expecting maybe 10 people at the most. To our surprise however 25 people showed up. Although I'm sure not all of them were here solely because they wanted to learn. Cho definitely came for Harry and I recognized a Hufflepuff boy. Zacharias Smith, Cedric's best friend. He probably came to hear more about Cedric's death. Hermione Ron Harry and I were sitting at the very front while the 25 students stared waiting for one of us to say something.

"Uhm

"Uhm.. Hi," Hermione got up out of her seat nervously, "So we all know why we're here, we need a teacher. Proper, teacher. One who's had real experience defending themselves from the Dark Arts"

"Why?" Zacharias asked furrowing his eyebrows.

"Why? Because you know who's back you tosspot" Ron spat at him.

"So what he says"

"So what Dumbledore says" Hermione snapped back at him.

"So Dumbledore says because he says. The point is, where's the proof? Besides, how should we trust the daughter of a death eater?" Zacharias glared at me spitting the word death eater with disgust. I didn't look back at him, only looked at the ground. There is no reason to trust me, I don't either.

"Potter could tell us more about how Diggory got killed" A boy sitting next to Ginny said and everyone's eyes shifted towards Harry.

"I'm not going to talk about Cedric, if that's why you're here you might as well clear out now" Harry said standing up from his seat taking a deep breath and turning towards Hermione, "Come on Hermione let's go. To them I'm just some sort of freak"

"Is it true you can produce the patronus charm?" Luna asked. I looked back up at her giving her a smile and Harry seemed to calm down a little.

"Yes, I've seen it" Hermione replied.

"Blimey Harry, I didn't know you could do that" Dean said and a couple of student's eyes lit up.

"And he killed the basilisk in the Chamber of Secrets saving me from death" I said looking up to Harry giving him a slight smile. He looked down at me without returning the smile, he looked conflicted. "In his third year he fought hundreds of dementors with the patronus charm" I continued.

"Last year he really did fight you-know-who in the flesh" Hermione finished my sentence.

"Wait- look, it all sounds great when you say it like that but truth is, most of that was just luck. I didn't know what I was doing and I nearly always had help" Harry interrupted Hermione, his breath was getting uneasy.

"He's just being modest-"

"No Hermione, I'm not. Facing this stuff in real life is not like school. In school if you make a mistake you can just try again tomorrow but out there... When you're a second away from being murdered or watching a friend die before your eyes.. You don't know what it's like"