Chapter 7: Captured by Scary People (Zuihou POV)

Ugh... Where am I? It's so dark I can't even see what's in front of me.  My body hurts all over. Its cold. Is this the depths?

I see. I must have sunk. So that's how my life ends. Aww... I wanted to live... There are so many things I wanted to do. Shouhou, Ryuujou, Hiryuu, Souryuu... Admiral... There are so many things I wanted to do with you.

"<Woah! Why is it so dark here? I can't see a thing!>" (???)

Eh? What? Someone is here? I don't understand them though.

"<The generator must have died again. Hold on. Let me turn this on.>" (???)

Suddenly, a bright ball of light appeared. It's so bright I had to shield my eyes with my hands.

Eh? Hold on. My hands are tied up?! With some light shining into the room, I can sort of see and get my bearings. My feet are tied up as well. I'm in some kind of cave, I think? The walls are rough and I can see some weird shadows and rocks Thank goodness~  So this wasn't the depths of the ocean. I'm still alive.

"<Let's see. Where is the generator? Found it.>" (???)

A shadow person walked to the corner of the cave. There was a weird rumbling sound that came in intervals, before it started to rumble continuously.

"<Yes! Now just push this button.>" (???)

The place suddenly lit up, finally revealing my surroundings and the people that are in here with me. I really am in a cave. My legs are tied and tethered to a metal pole stuck into the ground. The lighting fixture isn't that great. It's just a few small bulbs scattered throughout the place but they are still bright enough to illuminate the whole room. There are two girls here in the cave with me. The one with purple hair wore a white blouse and a short checkered skirt. The other one had white hair tied into twintails with bunny ear clips and carried a searchlight. I recognize them. They are from the group who attacked us.

"<Yes! Hm? Oh, you're awake.> (Purple hair)

The purple hair girl approached the cell.

"<How nice. She got to sleep while we were doing work.> (White hair)

Eh? What are they saying?

"<We knocked her out. How else were we supposed to catch her? Ah. Sorry. I will give you something to cover yourself with. I will call the rest. Keep an eye on her.>" (Purple hair)

"<I want to take a nap.>" (White hair)

"<Fine. You can take one later. Just keep an eye on her."> (Purple hair)

The purple hair girl disappeared up the stairs, leaving me with the white one. I don't get it but it looks like she is my guard? She looks sleepy.

"Erm..."

"<Hm? What is it?>" (White hair)

What's the English word for name again?

"<Yu...> name?"

That's Japanese, not English.

She just stared at me, confused. Why can't they just speak Japanese?

"<So sleepy.>" (White hair)

"<How is she doing?>" (???)

More voices... They seem to be coming down the stairs.

"<Confused, I think.>" (???)

"<Does she bite?>" (???)

"<I doubt it. She doesn't have the animal ears or horns like those crazy Sakura people have>" (???)