Chapter 45: Operation Pedestal

The members of Force Z gathered at the port. This operation is split into four phases. The first phase will be tackled by a single strike fleet. Force Z-A consists of Hiryuu, Souryuu, Zuihou, Shouhou, Tama, Murasame, and Kawakaze. Force Z-B has Prinz Eugen, Zara, Pola, Suzuya, Yuudachi and Shigure. Force Z-A will handle phase 1 on the operation while Force Z-B is in charged of providing backup.

"The first phase is the usual, classical straightforward task of sinking the Abyssal Mediterranean Princess. In typical Abyssal fashion, it will not be easy. Hiryuu, you are the flagship. I will take charge and give out orders while providing visual support. However, Hiryuu, you have command authority. Should you deem my decision incorrect at any point in time, don't hesitate to override my orders and make any necessary corrections."

Since I'm not on the ground, it will be better for those on the actual battlefield to make their own decisions to ensure the survival of the fleet.

"Roger!" (Hiryuu)

"We have two objectives in this mission. The first one is to make sure everyone comes back alive and in one piece. The second is to secure victory."

"Isn't it usually the other way around?" (Souryuu)

"Well, you know how our Admiral is." (Kawakaze)

"Yeah yeah. Anyway, you will be taking the northeastern route. Intel states there will be submarines and an enemy air raid at point B1, so take extreme caution and dedicate some firepower and planes to AA and AS combat. You will depart at,"

Ah. Forgot my watch. I glanced at the wall clock,

"1330hrs. Exactly 15 minutes from now. Let's make sure everyone comes back alive and get ourselves a win. Understood?"

All of them stood at attention,

"Roger!" (All)

"Good. Make any last minute preparations to your equipment. Dismissed."

The seven girls went off to do whatever they needed to do. Preparing their planes, calibrating their guns, taking a catnap. Tama... This girl keeps claiming she is not a cat but she sure loves to act like one.

I looked at my girlfriend as she made some adjustments to her bow and interacted with her fairies. I'm still reluctant to send her on this mission, but I have to respect her wishes. I can only pray that my commands during the mission are right and for her safe return.

"Worried about her?" (SHouhou)

Holy shit! When did she get next to me?

"You surprised me."

"Hehe. Don't worry. I will protect your girlfriend on the ground and make sure she comes back safely." (Shouhou)

"Thanks. But make sure you come back safe too."

"That's a given." (Shouhou)

Wait...

"Shouhou, what did you just say?"

"Oh. I will keep a secret as well. So you don't have to worry about that part." (SHouhou)

How did she know?! Oi, Zuihou! You told your sister, didn't you?!

"So much for keeping it a secret..."

"What are you two talking about?" (Zuihou)

Zuihou walked towards us,

"Nothing~" (Shouhou)

"Just some small talk."

"Is that so?" (Zuihou)

"Hey. Why are you looking at me like I did something wrong?"

"No reason." (Zuihou)

She is getting jealous again, isn't she?