Chapter 16: Attack on Brunei

The Saiuns and Type-22s flew high in the sky, revealing and marking the Sirens and Abyssals on the battlefield. Damn, that's a lot of them. They are blasting each other with shells, torpedoes, and lasers. One of the Siren ships blew up after ramming into a Ru-class, but that wasn't enough to sink the Abyssal.

"Woah. It's chaotic over there." (Commander Azusa)

"Don't think I have seen this many Abyssals before.." (Admiral Yuito)

"Any updates from Admiral Zain?" (Admiral Kotobuki)

"Apart from the Code Black 5 hours ago, only silence. They probably don't want the enemy to intercept their signal." (Admiral Akiyama)

"This is way too much for our fleets to handle. Four is just enough."

"Yamato's combined fleet is on their way. It will take a while for them to join since they just sortied out from base so don't count on them for any support yet. The big wigs in the battle tank will be relaying their orders through me." (Admiral Akiyama)

"Well, that sucks."

"Why am I the messenger?" (Admiral Akiyama)

"You were the goody two shoes who obeyed all the instructors and scored the highest in the exams. Of course you would get sent to HQ." (Admiral Yuito)

"I didn't want to be punished, that's all! And by that logic, why is Ritsu here as well?!" (Admiral Akiyama)

"Alright. Let's focus. You can have your lover's quarrel later."

Right now, four Combined Task Force, comprising of 2 Carrier Task Force, 1 Surface Task Force and 1 Transport Escort fully loaded with supplies, are en route to Brunei Anchorage. About 5 hours ago, at 12pm, the Naval District sent out a signal for Code Black. The words 'Siren', 'Abyssal', and 'besieged' accompanied the signal. Specific details are unknown and limited but it is evident that they are in trouble. Yokosuka, Kure, Sasebo, and Maizuru were ordered to sortie and assist Brunei Anchorage in eliminating the threat. Yokosuka and Sasebo each sent out a Carrier Task Force, Maizuru with a Surface Task Force, and Kure with the Transport. The supplies are mostly to help rebuild Brunei Anchorage after eliminating the enemy forces. No matter how you look at it, four Combined Fleets are not enough to handle this amount of enemies. They may be weaklings but even a swarm of ants can overpower a human given enough time. That's a scary thought...

"Flagship Musashi to Command, what should we do?" (Musashi)

"Get ready to go in guns blazing. Things are looking pretty hot over there." (Admiral Akiyama)

"Report! We have located an allied fleet on the north-eastern side. They are currently encircled by Siren forces!" (Hiryuu)

"What's their status?" (Admiral Kotobuki)

"Not looking good." (Hiryuu)

"Got it. Keita, on my signal, get your fleet to pull them out immediately. Yuito and I will punch an opening into the fray and buy you the time and opening to rejoin us. Kotobuki, follow us closely." (Admiral Akiyama)

"Akiyama, if anything terrible happens to my girls, I will personally come over to Yokosuka, rip your spine out and beat you to death with it. Ooyodo, all-out formation! Let's get our friends out of there."

"Roger!" (All)

"As overprotective as usual." (Admiral Akiyama)

The Vanguard fleet of my Surface Task Force consists of Flagship Ooyodo, Yahagi, Hiryuu, Fusou, Yamashiro, and Prinz Eugen. The escort fleet has Agano, Suzuya, Kumano, Kamikaze, Yuudachi, and Zuihou.

"All units, initiate combat! Take back our territory and secure victory across dawn's horizon!" (Admiral Akiyama)

Musashi primed and aimed her guns at the horde of Abyssals and Sirens. Bombers from the Carriers flew high in the sky, ready to drop their payload at a moments notice,