Chapter 52: Victorious

Once Force X has completed their transport mission, it's our turn to complete the rest of the mission. Phase 4 of the mission is another straight-forward, yet tough, mission. Using a Carrier Task Force, we are to engage and sink the European Armoured Carrier Princess. Force Z is in charge of this phase. The main fleet consists of Souryuu, Hiryuu, Zuihou, Prinz Eugen, Zara, and Pola, whilst the escort fleet has Kuma, Shigure, Yuudachi, Murasame, Suzuya and Kumano. After they have significantly damaged the Princess and entered the Last Dance Stage, a detached Strike force, consisting of Yahagi, Mutsuki, Asashio, Samidare, Suzukaze, Yamakaze, and Shimakaze, will engage a series of TOIs which are believed to be sustaining the Princess's power. How was it determined? No idea either. This is another thing HQ can't figure out even after so many years of war. Then again, they can't figure out anything. That's why this war has long came to a standstill.

I don't really want Zuihou to leave my side and move to the forward base, but we have our roles, sadly.

The European Armoured Carrier Princess is essentially a sexier Wo-class that is extremely hard to kill. It looks like one and functions like one. Only difference is that it has a bow. After an arduous battle and week of bombing and shooting the crap out of the Abyssal fleet, we are finally at the Last Dance phase. Yahagi's fleet has also successfully destroyed all TOI's that were marked for this phase. The boss is on it's last legs.

"Tomorrow's the last battle. Right? Admiral~" (Zuihou)

"If we are lucky. Last Dance phases always take longer than necessary."

Right now, I'm on the phone with Zuihou. Even though she is on an remote island on the other side of the globe, we can still communicate with one another. Hooray for technology!

"Come on. We were just unlucky during those times. Maybe this time will be different? We will be able to defeat the target in one try." (Zuihou)

"That's right. Let's hope this time is different so you can come home early."

"Hehe. I want to go home soon." (Zuihou)

"By the way, are you in the clear? There is no one around, right?"

"Yep. I'm in the brushes. I made sure no one was around before I called you." (Zuihou)

"That's great. I miss you, Zuihou."

There was silence on the other end.

"Zuihou?"

"Y-yes! I'm here!" (Zuihou)

"Did something happen?"

Maybe someone walked passed so she had to be silent for a bit.

"No. Nothing happened." (Zuihou)

That's good. I thought we were about to get caught back there.

"Admiral?" (Zuihou)

"Yeah?"

"Can you say that one more time?" (Zuihou)

"Say what?"

"Just now... You know..." (Zuihou)

"What?"

I think I know what she is talking about.

"You know? The one that has a 'M' in it." (Zuihou)

Yep. Fine. I'll humour her for now.

"I miss you, Zuihou."

There was loud 'thump' and some muffled noises on the other side. I have watched and read enough anime and manga to imagine her reaction.

"You all right?"

"Yes. I'm fine." (Zuihou)

"Zuihou! Where are you?" (???)