Chapter 75: A Day of Rest

I watched Shigure as she laid on the hospital bed in the infirmary. An IV drip was attached to her arm. It has been a full day since everyone, including the fleet from Azur Lane and the two Red Axis Sakura Empire Carriers, returned to base and the injured were promptly sent to the docks. Everyone else who participated in the operation should have been fully repaired and well rested by now.

Shigure's injury was serious but fortunately, not life-threatening. Yes, she was cut open but the attack did not hit any of her vital organs or parts, let alone spill her insides. When she returned the other day, Akashi quickly operated on her. She checked thoroughly if there were any parts that were in dire condition or out of place before suturing the wound and carrying her to the docks for immediate treatment. Right now, according to Shiratsuyu, there is a huge scar just in between her breasts which extends to her belly button. A few more dips in the medical bath and it will be as though the injury was never there. The only reason she is unconscious and connected to an IV bag is because while the medical bath heals the wounds of shipgirls, it does not replace their bodily fluid. Although Ooyodo acted quickly and stopped the bleeding as best as she could, Shigure still lost a lot of blood.

Shigure's nose twitched, probably because of the few strands of hair tickling it. I brushed them away from her face and pet her head. As I stroked her hair, Shigure shifted a little, pushing herself towards my hand and making a soft 'Mmmhh' sound. She is doing fine. That's good.

There was a knock on the day and I turned to see two heads peeking in,

"How is she?" (Shiratsuyu)

"Like a sleeping puppy."

"What is that supposed to mean?" (Harusame)

Shiratsuyu and Harusame walked in and stood by her bed,

"Oh. That's what you mean." (Harusame)

"She looks happy." (Shiratsuyu)

"She should wake up soon. Since we are here, Harusame, your patrol report?"

"Y-yes. Nothing unusual as usual. The waters were clear and empty." (Harusame)

"Anything from flight command?"

"No. The land-based planes didn't see any Abyssals or Sirens within the vicinity." (Harusame)

"That's good to hear."

Peaceful waters are always a good thing.

"Shiratsuyu, you doing okay?"

"Of course I am. I was the first to recover after all." (Shiratsuyu)

"Yeah yeah."

I should go check on our guests now. I also need to finish that report and the daily report... Ugh...

"I have some work to do now. Can you watch her for me?"

"Sure. That's what we are came here for." (Shiratsuyu)

"Thank you. Let me know when she wakes up. Oh, but inform Akashi or Yuubari first."

"Roger." (Harusame)

"Got it~" (Shiratsuyu)

I left the infirmary and made my way to the guest dorms. Zuikaku and Shoukaku should be there.

I entered the dorm and walked up the stairs leading to the second level. Once I found the door with Zuikaku's name on it, I gave it a knock,

"Who is it?" (RA Zuikaku)

"It's me."

"J-just give me a minute." (RA Zuikaku)

I can some heavy footsteps, followed by something falling over,