Chapter 43: Secret Rendezvous

"Expedition Force 4 will take on the Northern Sea Route Maritime Escort. We have lost quite a bit of planes from our support run, so prioritize getting as much Fuel and Bauxite as you can carry. Submarines fleet, you have a job today. It's a simple Search-and-Destroy. Head over to the Moray Sea and eliminate the Heavy Cruiser Ne-class kai that has parked there. We don't have any Intel of its exact location so it's up to you girls to find it." (Zuihou)

"That's weird. Why is such a strong enemy type lurking in an already liberated area?" (Imuya)

"Whatever the case, we just have to sink it dechi!" (Goya)

"The enemy is strong so be careful. Don't bother engaging the other fleets in the area unless neccessary. Save your strength for the main target."

"I will snipe it from afar nano! It will be the perfect practice target nano!" (Iku)

Zuihou flipped the final piece of paper on the clipboard,

"That's all. Admiral?" (Zuihou)

"Alright."

I stood up,

"As you all know, we are still in the midst of an Operation. I expect everyone to keep up their training and improving their skills. Especially members of Force Z and the 10th Submarine Fleet. That is all."

Everyone simultaneously stood at attention and saluted. After returning the salute, everyone left the Gathering Hall.

"Now then, I will go for my morning training now." (Zuihou)

"Got it. Do your best."

It has been roughly a week since the two of us became lovers. Honestly, not much has changed since then. She is still acting the same as usual. Maybe a bit more clingy than before but that's about it, I guess. In order not to affect morale, we have decided to keep our relationship a secret from the others. I got to admit, it's somewhat exciting.

Kotobuki has successfully completed his side of the operation and ending our involvement until it's our turn. Right now, the fleet is just stockpiling as much as we can.

As for the Sakura Empire girls, they have decided to return back to their flock. I don't know what they talked about or their plan moving forward, but Shiggy mentioned something about trying to change the course of the war. I can't help but feel I may have accidentally helped the enemy.

"Admiral~ Shall we go?" (Prinz Eugen)

"Yep. Let's go."

I stuffed the clipboard and the reports back into my laptop bag before walking out of the hall. Prinz Eugen is my Secretary Ship today. We haven't really spoken much since that little incident so this is technically our first time interacting with each other in a while. As much as I want to question her actions, if she doesn't bring it up, I won't either.

"What's our agenda for today?" (Prinz Eugen)

"Aside from the usual bunch of paperwork, I was thinking of creating tactics for EO phase 4. Since you will be in it, I want your help with it."

Her face brightened up,

"I will gladly help! How many do we need?" (Prinz Eugen)

"If we base on the intel we have now, maybe three will suffice? Our roles are pretty straightforward but I want to make sure all of you come back."

"Three Abyssal Princesses... That's going to be tough. By the way, why are the submarines needed for the mission?" (Prinz Eugen)

"Erm..."

I can't remember... I know we need them for something. It's a purely supportive role.

We entered the office. I set my bag down and looked for the Intel book. After a bit of searching and flipping through the book,