Chapter 61: Chat

Laughter and cheers filled the air as the Mutsuki class Destroyer play with... well smaller versions of themselves in front of Mamiya's shop. Azur Lane's Commander, Suwanto Ao, is here to visit, and he brought 11 children, a famous Aircraft Carrier that has many names throughout history and still scares the crap out of the girls who encountered her, and a maid. He did tell me he was coming this morning. I just did not expect him to bring children along.

I did not think the Mutsuki-class from another world were children. They are almost as tall as the Coastal Defence Girls.

Belfast stood by his side, as expected of a maid. Enterprise is chatting with Victorious at another table while eating some snacks. Since both of them are Americans and were survivors of the war, they must have lots to talk about.

Meanwhile, Zuihou is sitting beside me. Or should I saying, hiding. She keeps taking nervous glances at Enterprise, who is at the other table.

Right now, we are at Mamiya's cafe, having a discussion about Azur Lane's current condition and the war situation. He has been going to each base to form contingency plans with each Admiral. He is basically giving us information on the most dangerous Red Axis girls. I already had a run-in with 4 of them, one of which became a turn-coat.

It has been a week since our holiday and our... night activity. Everything has been normal so far. Apart from sleeping on the same bed, Zuihou and I haven't really done anything else so far. It makes that night feel like a dream. Of course, I don't expect us to have sex everyday.

An expressionless little girl with long blonde hair and a long ahoge sits on Commander Suwanto's lap, trying her best to stay awake. She is dressed rather lightly and scantily. She is wearing a white leotard-like open-sided dress with black linings, a furred choker, white puffy detached sleeves, bands and cuffs. White thigh-high legwear with blue & black bands covered her thin legs. Her outfit has a rather futuristic and sci-fi theme to it, with black and blue patches, and blue-coloured electric designs all around. Her long blonde hair is tied into twintails, albeit a little messy.

"Master, I will carry Eldridge for you." (AL Belfast)

"Unnn!" (AL Eldridge)

Like a baby refusing to leave her parents arm, Eldridge made a weird noise and gripped onto her Commander's uniform tightly. Blue sparks flew and I could've sworn her ahoge stood on its end as she protested being carried by another person. It was as though she was emitting electricity and her ahoge is alive.

"It's all right. She doesn't want to let go." (Commander Suwanto)

Eldridge glanced at me. No, her eyes are fixed on the girl beside me. There it is again. Her ahoge just formed a heart before returning back to normal when the Commander stroked her head.

"Now. Where were we?" (Commander Suwanto)

"Hm? Oh. About your island."

"Oh, right. With some help from the US government, facility construction is going swimmingly. About 85% of our buildings are fully operational. Give it a month or so and we can finally conduct a large-scale operation against the Sirens." (Commander Suwanto)

That's fast.

"Wow. That's fast!" (Zuihou)

"Yes. It was a good thing our technology was capable of working in this world. Since the materials were cubic-shaped, it took some time for us to create an anchoring device before we could move on to the foundation and subsequently, the base of the island." (AL Belfast)

"Next was terra-forming parts of the island to beautify it and establish the locations of the facilities we want to build. We have a limited stock of wisdom cubes and I'm not keen on converting them into building materials. As part of the protection deal, we managed to procure military-grade materials for a cheap price and used those to build our facilities. Once the whole team is back together, we are looking to create a shopping district. An area where the girls can relax and unwind after a long day of battling Sirens." (Commander Suwanto)