Chapter 38: A Long Overdue Discussion

Ahhh! I screwed up big time! Yesterday's teasing... No, it's not teasing. It cannot even be considered sexual harassment. It's just straight-up criminal. There is no sugarcoating it. What I did yesterday was way out of line and I haven't had the chance to apologize to her. Hell, I don't think a mere apology is enough. I didn't see her this morning after I woke up and my bed had been made. After morning roll call, she immediately went for her scheduled patrol duty. Now, I'm stuck here and filled with intense guilt until she comes back.

There was a knock on the office door. Now what?

"Admiral, Fusou here." (Fusou)

"And Yamashiro." (Yamashiro)

"Come in."

The two sisters entered the office and stood in front of me,

"What can I do for you?"

"Erm... Admiral, yesterday you told us to meet you after morning roll call." (Fusou)

"I did?"

"Huh? You forgot?" (Yamashiro)

I think I vaguely remember something like that.

"Give me a moment..."

...Oh right!

"Oh yeah. I wanted to talk to you about the dog-girl."

I want to know if she is a threat or not. Yesterday's events almost pushed it out of my head.

"Who? Yuudachi or the Sakura Empire's Shigure?" (Yamashiro)

"Yamashiro, you are being rude to Yuudachi." (Fusou)

"Sorry, Nee-sama. It was just a little joke." (Yamashiro)

"Yeah, Yamashiro. That was too far."

"Huh?!" (Yamashiro)

Oops. I think I pissed her off. She is glaring at me.

"Ahem. Anyways, let's get to the point. It has been slightly more than 3 weeks since Shigure has been in your care."

"You mean since you dumped her on us." (Yamashiro)

"Minor details. So? Is she a threat? What has she been up to?"

The two of them glanced at each other,

"It's kind of hard to describe... She is not doing anything bad though." (Fusou)

"She is literally a dog-girl. Most of the time, she is either playing or begging us for attention." (Yamashiro)

"So far, she has not asked about our weapons, military secrets and things that could be of interest to the Crimson Axis. She is just a girl looking for attention." (Fusou)

"I see."

I... wasn't expecting that. Although, I have seen her playing with the rest before, I still had my suspicions. But to hear that she has been doing nothing but play these past three weeks is surprising.

In the end, maybe I was just overthinking it.

"Then, is she anything like our Shigure? Speaking of each, where is she now? I mean the doggy Shigure."

"Both of them are playing together. It's more accurate to say that Yuudachi dragged them to play on the beach." (Fusou)

"You are not in your swimsuits today."

"Why? Does that bother you? You are disappointed that you can't leer at our bodies?" (Yamashiro)

"That's harsh."

"Just the right amount for a pervert like you." (Yamashiro)

Those word hit like a truck, especially with what happened last night.