Chapter 70: In Between

Shigure fell to the water as her vitals instantly turned red. That bastard!

"You bitch!" (Shiratsuyu)

"Kh!" (Zuihou)

Zuihou smashed her bow against Hyuuga's face, staggering her. Shiratsuyu tackled the battleship to the water and pinned her down with her foot. The Destroyer unloading her both her guns at the enemy battleships' head.

"Ooyodo!"

"I know!" (Ooyodo)

Ooyodo rushed to Shigure's side while Prinz Eugen moved in to cover both of them. The audible clicking sound of empty guns can be heard from Shiratsuyu.

"Damn it!" (Shirastuyu)

"Shiratsuyu-chan, move!" (Agano)

Shiratsuyu leapt off Hyuuga and Agano launched a salvo of shells at the enemy Kansen, sending it across the water. Shiratsuyu launched a torpedo as the enemy Hyuuga just to correct itself. The ensuing explosion engulfed it, but not because the torpedo hit it's target. Even though it's a mindless Siren construct, it was smart enough to detach one of cannons to intercept and avoid a direct hit from Shiratsuyu's torpedo. Hyuuga fired back at the two girls with its three remaining Twin 356mm cannons, forcing them to once again perform evasive maneuverers.

I can only rely on them to handle that thing. Right now,

"Ooyodo, talk to me."

There is a huge laceration on Shigure's body right in the middle. Blood soaked into her clothes as Ooyodo assessed and attempted to do first-aid.

"Ugh... Ooyo- Kaaha-!" (Shigure)

Blood spurt from her mouth as she coughed.

"Don't talk. The wound is pretty badly. I can't tell if any vital parts have been damaged but she will bleed out if we don't do something to stop the blood first. I have bandages but that's not going to do anything." (Ooyodo)

Zuihou rushed to Shigure's side and placed a finger in between the threads that held her sleeve to her kimono. With one swift motion, she pulled and snapped two of the threads before tearing off the sleeve was gaze by Hyuuga's attack.

"Is this enough?" (Zuihou)

Ooyodo looked at the torn kimono sleeve and took it from Zuihou's hands.

"Thanks. This may work. Prinz Eugen, go help Agano and Shiratsuyu. We can manage ourselves here." (Ooyodo)

"You sure?" (Prinz Eugen)

"My planes will warn me. Besides, we have an extra pair of eyes providing overwatch." (Zuihou)

Even though it's true, that's all I could do... Just watch as my girls get hurt...

No. Now is not the time for this. While Agano and Shiratsuyu can distract that monster, they lack the firepower enough to take it out. For now, only Prinz Eugen and Zuihou have the strength to take it out. But Zuihou is assisting Ooyodo...

Even though she is down to one main gun, Prinz Eugen can still fight. For the time being,

"Go. Destroy that thing."

"Understood." (Prinz Eugen)

Prinz Eugen sped ahead to join Agano and Shiratsuyu. She fired her remaining SKC34 20.3cm Twin Gun Mount and 2cm Flakvierling 38 as soon as she got in range. Distracted by Agano, Hyuuga was not able to defect Prinz Eugen's shots. Her shots blew up its top right Twin 356mm cannons, further reducing her firepower. It's still not enough...

Ooyodo folded the sleeve and pressed it on Shigure's wound. Shigure's face contorted in pain as the bespectacled girl applied pressure on the huge gash.

"Sorry, Shigure." (Ooyodo)

"Urgh... Agh..." (Shigure)

"Zuihou, once the bleeding stops, help me elevate her a little. I will quickly wrap her with the bandages." (Ooyodo)

"Got it." (Zuihou)

"Geez! Just sink already!" (Agano)

"Shiratsuyu, can you afford to use another torpedo?"