Chapter 31: Questions for Skewers

The Crimson Axis Shigure sat on the sand, displeased at her current predicament. I would be unhappy too if someone used lifebuoys to restrain me like some cartoon skit. She looks like a puppy that has been put on timeout. After a short struggle, we managed to separate her from Yamashiro and Fusou. Imuya and Ro-chan provided the lifebuoys to restrain her. Now, we can interrogate her.

"So, why the hell are you here? Where is the rest of your group?! Huh?!" (Yamashiro)

Oh boy. She is pissed.

"Yamashiro, calm down. Screaming at her won't do any good either." (Fusou)

"Nee-sama, you have the right to be angry as well!" (Yamashiro)

"Yuudachi, she is not some animal. Stop poking her with a stick." (Shigure)

"Poi?" (Yuudachi)

"Grrr..." (CA Shigure)

"Nya~ Shaarrr!" (Tina-chan)

Even Tina-chan is here. Why is she snarling at the dog-girl?

I clapped my hands to get their attention,

"All right. That's enough. I will handle things from her."

I approached the dog-girl,

"First off, where is your fleet and your equipment?"

"Hmph!" (CA Shigure)

She turned away. So childish...

Let's see... Maybe we can coax her with some food?

"Shigure, Yuudachi. Go to Mamiyas and get some skewers. 30 of them. I will leave the flavors to you. And get me some plates and dipping sauce."

"Got it." (Shigure)

"Really? Yay! Let's buy wagyu steak poi!" (Yuudachi)

"We are not getting something so expensive." (Shigure)

Nothing to do but wait now.

I sat on the sand, watching the girls frolicking under the hot sun. The captive Shigure is now rolling about on the sand. Is she bored? It has only been five minutes since.

"We are back!" (Yuudachi)

The self proclaimed Nightmare of Solomon announced proudly. There is some sauce around her mouth... And three if the skewers are mixing.

No matter. I placed three skewers on the plate. Two of them are chicken, one looks like beef. I sat the plate down next to me.

"Smells nice."

I glanced at our hostage. Her eyes followed the skewer in my hand as I moved it around. She is even drooling.

All according to plan.

I took a bite,

"Delicious. The meat is so tender. The sauce is great too."

Woah. That is a huge amount of drool.

"Hungry? I will give you this plate if you answer some questions."

"Got it. I will answer! I want to eat!" (CA Shigure)

Eh? That's it? That easy? I was expecting her to put a bit more of fight. If this is what it takes to get information,  I'm worried for our enemies.

"Then, first off. Where is your ship and equipment?"

"I parked everything outside those turrets. Then I swam all the way here. The turrets almost got me but as long as I dived under, it didn't react." (CA Shigure)