Chapter 46: Encounter and a Much Needed Upgrade

Yuudachi growled and snarled at the silver haired girl as she took cover behind Prinz Eugen. The silver hair girl, as if not wanting to be outdone, glared back while hugging a tanned, heterochromia girl. For some reason, these two unidentified shipgirls approached Force Z-B. Both of them are skimpily dressed. The tanned one has a white piece of cloth covering her chest and a black cape. Her guns are mounted on two large claw-like constructs, with 'CA-35' written on them. The silver haired one is wearing a loose blue uniform that is letting her barely covered breast out.

"Admiral, what should we do?" (Prinz Eugen)

"Hiryuu, status?"

"Retreating at full battle speed. We are not being chased. Five minutes to the rendezvous point." (Hiryuu)

"Damn it! They got me again!" (Kawakaze)

"I'm really sorry, Souryuu." (Shouhou)

After a few more rounds of attacks, the fleet finally entered the Last Dance phase. This is the third time we failed to sink the Abyssal Mediterranean Princess and were forced to retreat, even after a prolonged night battle. It's always like this.

This time, Hiryuu, Souryuu, Kawakaze and Tama were severely damaged. Shouhou wasn't hurt but she suffered a severe equipment malfunction halfway through the battle. Her planes won't able to launch and fell into the water in their arrow form. She managed to retrieve them before they got were lost forever, with Souryuu getting hurt as a trade-off. Only Zuihou and Murasame were unscathed.

"No worries. Shit happens. It's not like we are in a rush to kill it for now. Once you're back, head to the docks and get yourselves repaired. Shouhou, go see Akashi first thing in the morning tomorrow to check and recalibrate your equipment. I want all of your to take the day off tomorrow. Just relax and rejuvenate yourselves.

"Roger." (All)

"Is the escape route secured?"

"Yes. No enemies in sight, nor is the radar picking up anything. Apart from these two." (Zara)

"Are they lost?"

"Erm... <Are you two lost?>" (Prinz Eugen)

"Japanese is fine. We learned it from Langley." (Tanned girl)

Ah. So they are not a pair of lost sheep. That makes things so much easier. But why is Yuudachi so confrontational towards the silver one?

"... I'm Indianapolis, second ship of the Portland-class. I apologize for any trouble my big sister is causing... We are from Azur Lane." (AL Indianapolis)

"I'm Portland, Indy's big sister." (AL Portland)

"What are you two doing here?" (Zara)

"We were on a commission when we noticed the abnormal amount of dark clouds and red sea." (AL Indianapolis)

"Oh. Don't worry. It's all under control. This area is under Abyssal influence. The dark clouds and red sea are a side-effect." (Prinz Eugen)

"...I see. We thought the Sirens were up to something again." (AL Indianapolis)

"Grrr....!" (Yuudachi)

"Yuudachi, what's wrong? Why are you so worked up for?" (Kumano)

"That girl is a monster poi! I already put up a white flag and she still shot me!" (Yuudachi)

Ah. Now I remember. The Yuudachi was sank by USS Portland during the Great War. Even though the Yuudachi had it's white flag up to signify it's surrender, the captain of USS Portland still ordered the attack.

This is bad!

"I have no idea what you're talking about. In the first place, why are you still trying to fight Indy when you have clearly surrendered?" (AL Portland)