Chapter 79: Phone call

"I'm sorry, what? Who is going to come here?"

"A new shipgirl and a ensign on the fast track for a promotion." (Rondo)

As I was looking through the plans the girls and I created together, which were surprisingly approved by HQ albeit with some improvements, I got an call from Rondo all of a sudden.

"What is the shipgirls type and class?"

"Asashio-class Destroyer Minegumo. Apparently, she has a little bit of history with Murasame. The Asashio sister will be delighted to see their sister once again as well." (Rondo)

"Minegumo... Was she...?"

"Yeah. She appeared right after Kotobuki's Transport fleet sank the new Abyssal Nimbus Princess. Your Murasame dealt the killing blow." (Rondo)

That's nice to hear.

"Minegumo... If I remember correctly, she and Murasame sank in the Battle of Blackett Strait...Ah."

Which is in the Solomon Islands, and where this operation takes place...

"You..." (Rondo)

"So that's why Murasame wanted to join the first operation."

"Are you serious? Did you seriously not realize that?! How did you pass the Naval History Exam?" (Rondo)

"Shut up. I can't remember everything, okay? So? Will she be returning here with Murasame now or after the operation?"

"They are scheduled to return two days later. You have plenty of time before it's our turn to fight." (Rondo)

Since the first mission has been completed, it's time for the next one.

"When will Operation 603 begin?"

"Tomorrow. Yuito plans to finish it by next Wednesday. " (Rondo)

"That's only 5 days. He is either too confident or an idiot."

"You know him. He prefers to brute force his way through with little strategy. His girls are well-equipped and strong enough to perform such a tactic regularly." (Rondo)

"Don't forget they seem to be insanely lucky too. If only I had such luck..."

"So you can gacha for anime portraits?" (Rondo)

"Mainly that. I would really love to stop spending 50,000 yen just to pull for one 5-star character. Winning the lottery or at the pachinko would be awesome as well."

"You damn gacha addict. You don't even go to the pachinko, let alone buy lottery tickets." (Rondo)

"Oh shut up. Get off my case. Anyway, is that it? So another Destroyer will be added to my force."

"Yep. Once he is done, the Southern Seas 4th Garrison Reinforcement Operation will begin. We plan to finish the entire thing by mid-December. After that, it's time for our annual retreat." (Rondo)

"Oh. What are we doing this year?"

Last year, the entire IJN went on a skiing trip in Hokkaido.

"The event planners are looking to book a two night stay at either Di*neyland or Univ*rsal Studios. Nothing has been set in stone yet but either way, it's going to be fun for the girls." (Rondo)

"Awesome. Most of them never went to a theme park before."

"Now then, about the new kid-" (Rondo)

"Okay. Bye bye."

"Hey! Don't you dare hang on me!" (Rondo)

Tch! Bugger!

"Oh come on! Why do you have to assign some random ensign to my base? I'm already busy as it is."

"It's not just some random ensign. It's Grand Admiral Hashimoto's daughter." (Rondo)

Grand Admiral Hashimoto...

"That scary gorilla?!"

Grand Admiral Hashimoto, also known as Murder Gorilla, is a big, hairy fellow with muscles larger than my head. During my ensign days, I always feel like death is looming around on me whenever he is around. That guy is horrifying.

"The guy who is a shrunken version of K*ng Ko*g. The guy who is basically a walking tank. That Hashimoto?"

"Yes. That Hashimoto. The guy who can snap you like a twig. Ugh. You don't know how many times I feel like he is going to kill me during our meetings." (Rondo)

"Good thing I'm not in Yokosuka. A man like him has a daughter?"

I can't believe it... Is his daughter going to be the same as him?

"I was just as surprised as you are when I interviewed her. She is on the new Accelerated Leadership Program. Gorilla- I mean, Grand Admiral Hashimoto applied and endorsed her." (Rondo)