Chapter 21: First Joint Op (AL Commander POV)

Apart from the mass of explosions and dark objects squirming about, the surrounding area looks calm. I can see why this place was initially chosen to obtain resources. Today is the first joint operation between IJN and Azur Lane. It is also the first time Eagle Union and Sakura Empire are joining forces. The Northern Rat Transport route which the IJN uses to obtain resources has been plagued by an ongoing skirmish between the Abyssals and the Sirens. We tried to eliminate the Sirens and let the Abyssals pass through the area but for some reason, the more Sirens we destroyed, the more they spawn. This main objective of the joint operation is to eliminate both type of enemies simultaneously.

"Carrier fleet 1, in position and standing by." (IJN Akagi)

"Carrier fleet 2, we are in position." (IJN Souryuu)

So those two are this world's Akagi and Souryuu. To think that there is a version of Akagi that is a crazy kitsune obsessed with love. Souryuu... looks fluffy.

According to the file shared with me, the fleet from Yokosuka consists of Akagi, Kaga, Amagi, Yamato, Iowa and Kiso. The fleet from Maizuru consists of Yamashiro, Souryuu, Hiryuu, Zuihou, Yahagi and Agano. Only now I'm figuring out who they are through the monitor. There are small individual icons at the side which light up whenever someone is speaking. I have already identified Akagi, Hiryuu, Souryuu, and Yamato earlier.

"We are ready on our end as well." (Enterprise)

"Zara here. In position and ready to provide support." (IJN Zara)

"<I neva tout there would be a da we wouldo be fytingu togada.>" [I never thought there would be a day we would be fighting together.] (Nagato)

"<That your piss poor attempt at English? Save your bullshit. I'm sorry but even if Commander trusts you guys, I don't. You already betrayed us once. What's stopping you from doing it again?>" (Colorado)

"You insolent-!" (Kawakaze)

"Kawakaze, stand down!" (Nagato)

Oi oi. We barely started and they are falling out already?

"<Colorado, that's enough out of you!>" (Enterprise)

"<What? I'm just stating the obvious!>" (Colorado)

"<So noisy...>" (Laffey)

"Please stop fighting!" (Shiratsuyu)

"<All of you, shut it down now! You are embarrassing yourselves.> Sakura Empire, you too. Cease this at once!"

Geez. This is not a good start. On top of a language barrier, things are still pretty sour between them. Nagato, Unicorn and Enterprise are putting in the effort to set aside their differences and learn each other's language but the others... The state of Azur Lane is extremely fragile right now.

It's also a bit awkward for me to alternate between languages... I can speak six but English is my native language. Japanese is my second best. Chinese is my worst.

"I will go through the plan again. The Carriers from Maizuru and Yokosuka will begin an aerial bombardment to take out as many Abyssals and Sirens as we can." (Admiral Akiyama)

"Enterprise and Unicorn will also take part in the bombing run. After that, the others will mop up the rest."

"Zara and Pola will remain at the sidelines unless necessary. They are only here to provide support and secure your escape route in case things go south." (Admiral Zain)

"I should have brought my bottle here." (IJN Pola)

"Pola!" (IJN Zara)

"Zuihou, how are things over there?" (Admiral Tokomaki)