Chapter 58: 2nd Attempt

After having our dinner at this so-called Navy Burger place, we went to the hotel which I had booked. The next day, we would go to the Memorial Ship Mikasa and the Nagai Uminote Park Soleil Hill. I made a mistake thinking that there was an aquarium there when it was actually in Yokohama. When we are in the park or maybe at the museum depending on which atmosphere I find is best, I would confess to her. And on the third day, we will return to Maizuru.

That was the initial plan, at least.

Apart from thinking there was an aquarium here, I made another critical error...

When we entered the room we were assigned to, my eyes were assaulted by a whole lot of pink. Pink lighting, pink bed, pink canopy with pink frills, pink wardrobe, the whole damn room is pink!

"Wow! We got a cute room!" (Zuihou)

"This hurts my eyes a little."

Zuihou threw off her shoes and jumped onto the bed. She managed to get herself a little airtime as she bounced off the circular bed.

"Kyahahaha! It's so soft and bouncy!" (Zuihou)

At least she is enjoying herself, I guess.

"Admiral, This is even bigger and cuter than the one we stayed in Yokohama!" (Zuihou)

"Y-yeah. It is."

Oh my god. It wasn't supposed to be like this.

The hotel I had wanted to spend the night with Zuihou was one that was overlooking the sea. It was expensive, but I was willing to splurge to make this trip memorable for her. I cannot believe I did not make the reservation. I was so sure I did! How stupid am I?!?!

Now, we are some Love Hotel that is located near the shrine. This is the 2nd time we had to stay in one and this situation was absolutely avoidable if I had done the reservation properly.

This was the largest room they have left. It's not cheap for a love hotel. The bed is pink circular, with heart-shaped pillows and a long pillow. There is a pink lacy canopy overhead. At the corner of the room is the little desk. The bathroom is located near the room entrance.

Oh, and there is a flat screen TV in front of the bed.

"What is this? Wah!" (Zuihou)

Some kind of disco ball appeared from the the ceiling and started spinning around, reflecting the lights off it.

I went to the desk in the corner of the room and sat on the chair.

I really screwed up big time...

Hah. I don't know whether to laugh or cry at this point.

"Admiral? What's wrong? It's alright. This room is cute and has a lot of interesting things." (Zuihou)

"It wasn't meant to be like this. The hotel earlier was so much better than...this. It was just a simple press of a button. How did I screw it up this badly? Maybe they have a slot open now. Let me check."

Before I can unlock my phone, a small hand pushed it back down.

"I said it's okay. We don't need to stay in a fancy or luxurious room. Just being with Admiral is good enough for me." (Zuihou)

Sometimes, this girl has a way with words.

But, even though she says that, she must have be disappointed with me for letting such a good room go to waste.

"I'm so sorry we have to stay in a place like this. I still can't believe I didn't have a room reserved."

"It's been a while since I seen you so flustered, Admiral. Hehehe~" (Zuihou)