Chapter 55: Tsuki

The sound of taiko drums and flutes echoed into the night sky. Although there are fairies playing those drums, most of the melody is coming from the PA system. The beach and field are covered in stores and lanterns, with Shipgirls walking around in a myriad of colour thanks to the Yukatas they are wearing. Even though it's early Autumn, it is still pretty hot. Good enough for a belated summer festival.

"Hey! Let's go catch some goldfish!" (Etorofu)

"Ah! Wait for me! Etorofu-chan!" (Matsuwa)

"Fuah! Ramune is delicious~ Nothing beats Japan after all!" (Suzuya)

"Do they sell wine here?" (Pola)

'You just drank an entire bottle earlier! Ah. They have pasta and coffee here. Wafu pasta? Sounds delicious." (Zara)

I watched the girls play and frolic about, enjoying the festivities. It's so lively here. As it should be.

"Admiral~ Guess who~" (???)

My vision suddenly got dark as a very familiar voice appeared behind me.

"I wonder who is behind me. Just kidding. Are you having fun, Shioi?"

"Hehe. Ding ding ding. Correct~" (Shioi)

Shioi playfully hopped in front of me. She was wearing a red yukata with vine and floral patterns. Tucked in her obi is a blue hand fan with the kanji for 'Ice' on it. In her hand was pink Yo-yo Tsuri.

"A new one? It looks good on you."

"Really? Thank you, Admiral. Yours fits you perfectly as well." (Shioi)

Shioi did a little spin, showing off her new Yukata

"How is it?"

"It's fun, of course. It feels like it's even livelier this year." (Shioi)

"Well, we did have more people joining us."

"Hey, hey. Admiral, buy me a mask." (Shioi)

"Can't you buy it yourself? You have the money, right?"

"Aw~ Come on. Just indulge me on this, please." (Shioi)

"Alright alright."

Shioi pulled me along as we made our way to mask store at the the courtyard. A wide selection of mask are on display. There are samurai masks, oni masks, tengu mask, all kinds of masks in different designs and colors.

"I want this one." (Shioi)

Shioi picked a white Hannya mask. Weird choice but okay.

"Are you sure you want that?"

"Yeah. The craftsmanship is beautiful." (Shioi)

The fairy manning the store smiled and said something to Shioi. Or that is what I think it's doing. I can't hear anything.

"Thank you so much. Admiral, fairy-san says she will give us a discount if we buy two." (Shioi)

The fairy looks very proud of itself.

"Deal. Which one should I pick?"

It's either the Ultraman Dyna one or the samurai one.

Of course, I picked the Ultraman Dyna one. Yes, I know it's childish but I grew up watching that series. It's my favourite in the franchise.

"Oh. Wow. The craftsmanship is really good."

It's nothing like those cheap plastic one that scratches your face if you wear them wrong. This one is tough but soft to touch.