Chapter 78: Preliminary Planning

I scanned each page of the intel book put together by the guys in the Intel Department. I highlighted the parts that is probably essential to my proposals. I also need to give a reason and attach copies of the girls performance evaluation results to the proposal. Our main targets this time are the Southern War Princess, and a new Abyssal which Azur Lane detected. They have never seen it, but their radar picked up a large unknown signature during the scans. According to them, the signature did not match any of the Abyssals record that was shared with them. Intel has confirmed that it's a new type as well. I won't be surprised if this new Abyssal was a result of the Siren's freakish experiment in that area the other day.

"Yo! Admiral, the great Tenryuu-sama is back! That doggy..." (Tenryuu)

The door slammed opened and the Light Crusier who hasn't gotten out of her chuunibyou phase came in.

"What?"

"You are just gonna let her sleep?" (Tenryuu)

She pointed at the girl sleeping on my lap. I'm sitting on the sofa as I made our plans for Operation Buin Defense while Shigure naps on my lap.

"For a bit. She and the other two stayed up last night to come up with some plans with me. Zuihou and Shioi are inside my room."

Zuihou, Shigure and Shioi were with me last night to add some final touches to our plan planning for the operation. All three of them have a role to play in this. The four of us stayed up all night to draw up plans for Maizuru's role in this operation. Zuihou was the first to conk out, followed by Shioi. Shigure survived the longest before finally succumbing to the sleep demon.

Maizuru will be merging forces with Brunei Anchorage and Yokosuka during the Southern Seas 4th Garrison Reinforcement Operation, the third and last phase of the entire operation. Operation Buin Defense is in full swing, with Kure setting out this morning to begin the first phase 'Central Solomon Tokyo Express Naval Battle'. This should be easy for them, since it's essentially a transport mission before they have to sink the Abyssal Nimbus Princess. Typical stuff. Murasame will be assisting them as part of the Transport Fleet. She told me that she has feeling that 'she will be there' and volunteered to join the mission. I allowed it since she was so determined and ordered Kure to take good care and give me a daily report on her.

Anyway...

"What did you manage to get this time?"

"The usual. 120 units of fuel, 60 units of steel, 60 units of bauxite, some buckets and a couple of development materials." (Tenryuu)

"Anything else? Any Abyssal or Siren encounters?"

"There were a couple of Submarine Ka-class, but Yamakaze and the little ones were quick to kill them." (Tenryuu)

Little ones? Who?

Oh right. Sado, Hirato and Fukae. I think I need some sleep now. I forgot I was the one planned her expedition and its members.

"Thank you. Take the rest of the day off. Rest, train, do whatever you want but no leaving the base. We need to be ready for deployment anytime from now."

"I got it. I'm part of the Transport phase, right?" (Tenryuu)

"Yep. It has been confirmed. You will be the flagship of a fleet. Your fleet will be rotating with Yura's and Sendai's throughout the transport phase. I will let you know who is in your fleet once I'm done with the plans."

"Awesome! It's been a while since I got to see some real action. More importantly, get some sleep, will ya? You look like a panda." (Tenryuu)

"I will take a nap later. I just need to figure out who to nominate a few more members for the two Surface Task Force and Carrier Task Force that HQ is planning."