Chapter 73: Sister's Chain Part 2

Akagi and Kaga each threw three shikigami papers at the fleet.

"Get behind me!" (RA Zuikaku)

Zuikaku stood in front of everyone and threw six shikigami papers of her own, intercept the enemy projectiles in midair and creating a lot of smoke.

"Agano, move Shoukaku's body somewhere safe. She is in the way."

It's the least we can do...

"Go-got it!" (Agano)

Agano grabbed Shoukaku's lifeless body. It fell limp as soon as Agano put her arms under its armpit.

"Woah! Sorry." (Agano)

As Agano carefully dragged Shoukaku's body to a safe location, Zuihou fired off an arrow while Ooyodo launched a volley of shells at the two vixiens. Akagi blocked Ooyodo's shots with more Shikigami paper while Kaga caught Zuihou's arrow midair. She looked at the arrow before snapping it into two,

"Such medieval tactics." (RA Kaga)

"What do you expect from world with such backward technologies?" (RA Akagi)

"I got this from your armoury!" (Zuihou)

"Haaaaa!!!" (RA Zuikaku)

With a loud warcry, Zuikaku brought her sword down onto Akagi's head, only for the latter to layer a bunch of shikigami paper together and block her strike.

"Ahahaha~ Are you that eager to offer your soul to us?" (RA Akagi)

"You bitch! Gargh!" (RA Zuikaku)

Kaga kicked Zuikaku's side, sending her crashing into a stack of wooden crates.

"Zuikaku-san!" (Zuihou)

"She will be fine. Focus and keep moving!"

Ooyodo fired off another salvo at the pair as she circled around them. The shots were once again blocked by that piece of paper.

"It's useless. Unfortunately, we don't have any use for you people. So just roll over and die." (RA Akagi)

Akagi launched the same pieces of paper used to block her shots at Ooyodo. Ooyodo leapt over a stack of crates and rolled forward as the shikigami paper exploded behind her.

"That was close." (Ooyodo)

"Zuihou, get to higher ground."

"Got it!" (Zuihou)

"I'm coming back now." (Agano)

"Took your sweet time." (Ooyodo)

"Sorry. She was heavy." (Agano)

Zuihou ran up the stairs to the catwalk and started raining arrows down on the pair. Agano, who finished moving Shoukaku's body away, came back and joined in the fight. Just like Ooyodo, she begin firing shells at Akagi and Kaga while on the move. The two foxes blocked the Cruisers attacks and evaded Zuihou's arrows, sometimes catching them.

"Don't you dare forget about me!" (RA Zuikaku)

Zuikaku threw another set of Shikigami paper and charged towards Kaga. Kaga used her sleeve to block the ensuing explosions and side step Zuikaku as she swung her katana. While she is focused on the white one,

"Agano, Ooyodo, Keep Akagi busy. Zuihou, back Zuikaku up."

"Understood!" (All)

The Cruisers concentrated on Akagi while Zuihou fired her arrows at Kaga. Shikigami paper floated around Akagi, blocking every shot from the two cruisers as she dished out attacks of her own.