Chapter 66: The Crane's Favour

"Liar! You're not Zuikaku!" (Zuihou)

"What are you on about? I am Zuikaku!" (RA Zuikaku)

"No you ain't! Zuikaku is a flatty like us. Not some busty cow like you!" (Ryuujou)

"That's right!" (Zuihou)

"Huh?!" (RA Zuikaku)

Of all the things to get mad at, that's what they chose?

"Admiral..." (Ooyodo)

"Handle them in my stead please."

"Understood." (Ooyodo)

As the three girls squabbled, Ooyodo silently went to the two smaller one and awarded both of them a head chop.

"Cut it out!" (Ooyodo)

"Ouch!" (Zuihou & Ryuujou)

As the two carriers clutch their head in pain, Ooyodo approached Zuikaku and bowed.

"Thank you for saving us." (Ooyodo)

"Y-your welcome. Hmm... What is this nostalgic feeling? Have we met before? But I could have sworn this is the first time I met you. And you too." (RA Zuikaku)

She pointed at Zuihou, who is still rubbing the bump Ooyodo gave her.

"Technically, we did fought together in the past." (Ooyodo)

"Do the words Cape Engano or Leyte Gulf mean anything to you?" (Zuihou)

"Cape Engano... Leyte Gulf... Ugh! I never heard of those words before but my heads and I'm getting chills all of a sudden." (RA Zuikaku)

I can see Zuikaku rubbed her head and wince in pain on the monitor.

"Guys, once you get the chance, incapacitate her and return to the base. She might just be one person but none of you are in any condition to fight her."

"Relax. I'm not here to fight or anything. Hell, in fact you owe me for saving your shipgirls. Or is this really how you treat your benefactor?" (RA Zuikaku)

Okay...but I still don't trust her. Wait, hold on. Did she just...???

"You can hear me?"

The others are surprised as well, especially Ooyodo.

"Yep. Tapping onto your communication signal is easy. The signal is an outdated version of the one we used to have. I supposed the technology in this world hasn't advanced that far yet." (RA Zuikaku)

"Admiral, what should we do?" (Shioi)

"Relax. Calm down. I'm not here for a fight. If I wanted to kill you guys, we wouldn't be having this conversation." (RA Zuikaku)

That makes sense.

"Thank you for saving my girls. But I don't suppose you did it for free, right?"

"You are quick on the uptake. That makes it easier. First, I heard about you guys being allies with Azur Lane, but I rather you keep our meeting a secret from them for now." (RA Zuikaku)

"Done. What's next?"

"Admiral, we are helping her?" (Zuihou)

"I don't see why not. She has a point. If she was an enemy, she wouldn't be talking to us. Moreover, she is desperate enough to seek help from us."

"Kh. I kind of hate people with good instincts like you." (RA Zuikaku)

"I will take that as a compliment, thank you very much. This is no place to talk. Let's discuss what you want further back at our base."