Chapter 29: Let Sleeping Dogs 'Lie'

I walked through the dimly lit walkway of my base and into the equally dim hallway of the main building. Night has already fallen ages ago and I have just returned from Yokosuka. A day after we successfully repeled the Crimson Axis, I submitted my report and the battle footage to HQ. Not even half a day later, an emergency meeting was called. All Commanders from each base were to report to Yokosuka Naval District by 8am the following morning. I had to board the next flight to Tokyo and slept in the extra bunk they had set aside for us.

The Marshal Admiral was present at the meeting. Admiral Zain and Commander Ao attended via video call, as usual. Lucky pricks. We held a discussion about the Crimson Axis, their attack on Maizuru and Azur Lane's plans moving forward. As expected, I was chastised for not notifying of Bismarck's presence in my base prior to the attack, which was expected. I already planned an excuse and an argument, with a story on how we were threatened, but decided not to use it. It's not as if I wasn't scolded before. I have received tongue-lashings for mistakes more severe than this. Though in hindsight, Bismarck was clearly a High-priority target and should have been reported.

Azur Lane has been looking for their scattered members since the last meeting and have found some of them. However, the total number they have now still isn't 10% of their full strength. I also learnt the name of the lolicon who caught Satsuki and caused her to accidentally misfire at one of our turrets. Yes, the destruction of the turret was from one of our own. Startled, Satsuki fired a shot at the turret while struggling to get away from the lolicon.

That lolicon was Ark Royal. The white-clad battleship is named Nevada, the blue one, Pennsylvania, and the small green one is Langley. A small convoy consisting of their San Diego, Sheffield, Edinburgh and Saratoga will go out to search and meet Ark Royal and gang halfway. Azur Lane also plans to create an artificial island in the Atlantic Ocean as a base of operations. Between looking for their missing members, handling the Crimson Axis, and searching for resources to carry out their plans, Azur Lane sure has a lot on their plate.

Well, more importantly, I'm glad that the whole meeting is over and I'm finally back home! The whole meeting, which lasted the entire damn day, could have been easily done online without having to travel halfway across the country. Those old folks really like to do things the old-fashioned way when there are easier alternatives.

And my Fusou-class luck didn't help either. I missed the flight back to Kyoto and the subsequent flights were fully booked. I rushed to take the train but missed the last one back to Maizuru. My phone was dead so I couldn't get an Uber. I had to wait for nearly an hour before a taxi appeared to get a ride back home. It's already past midnight. I just want to shower and go to sleep.

After taking out my uniform, I dumped my bag onto the sofa and kicked off my shoes. It was only after tossing my uniform into the washing machine when I realized I forgot to grab my pajamas. Uuuurrggghhh...

I dragged my heavy feet to my room and grabbed a random set. There is a lump under the blankets so don't just jump in without a care in the world, Keita. You don't know who is that.

Once I got rid of the fabric on me and fed it to the water tornado, I jumped into the showers. A quick shower to wash off the dirt and a bit of the stress and it's off to bed for me. I went in between the mattress and the warm blanket and rested my head on the pillow...

---------------------------------------------

"...ke... ...ez... we are... ate..." (???)

Someone is... talking?

"...till... ping?" (???)

"Ye...late...oll call" (???)

I can feel a light shake.

"...ame back late last night, right?" (???)

"Ye...let him sleep...ut Ooyodo asked me to wake him up." (???)

"...ow... urefire way to wake him up." (???)

"A surefire way to wake Admiral up? What is it?" (???)

I can hear two voices. Suzuya and Zuihou? What are they doing here? I'm curious what's the surefire way to wake me up. So let's pretend I'm still asleep.

I can hear some whispering,

"Ehhh?!" (Zuihou)

Ah. That scream... Suzuya must have told her something embarrassing.

"Shh. Too loud." (Suzuya)

"That sort of thing..." (Zuihou)

"Every male will totes wake up if you say it that way." (Suzuya)

"Where did you get that idea from?" (Zuihou)

"Just trust me." (Suzuya)

"Geez..." (Zuihou)

I can feel something moving about on the bed. Wait! Something in sitting on stomach?! Zuihou?!

"Will this work?" (Zuihou)

"Yep. I'm sure of it." (Suzuya)

"Ad-" (Zuihou)

Ad?

"Admiral, if you don't wake up... Uuu... Do I really have to say it?" (Zuihou)

"If you want to wake him up, it's necessary." (Suzuya)

What are they planning?

"Admiral. If you don't wake up soon, I will... kiss you~" (Zuihou)

......

"!!!!" (Zuihou)

I can hear and feel her muffled screaming and kicking in sheer embarrassment. It kind of hurts since she is doing it on top of me. Oh god. I don't know whether to cringe or laugh. That was cute but painful. I can also hear someone trying their best not to laugh.

I opened my eyes just enough to peek. Zuihou is covering her face and her ears are extremely red. Suzuya is at the sidelines trying her best not to laugh out loud. Her phone is out. I bet she is recording this.

"Liar! It didn't wake him up at all!" (Zuihou)

"Eh? That's weird. It shoulda worked. Maybe you need to do it more sexily." (Suzuya)

"You are just messing with me, aren't you?" (Zuihou)

"Hmm~ What makes you think that way?" (Suzuya)

"You are definitely messing with me! Suzuya, you're so mean!" (Zuihou)

While she is looking away...

I grabbed her arm and pulled her close.

"Waahh?!" (Zuihou)

I trapped the small CVL in my arms,

"Admiral?! You were awake?" (Zuihou)

"Where's my good morning kiss?"

"You were awake this whole time?! Why didn't you do anything?!" (Zuihou)

Yep. An embarrassed Zuihou is a cute Zuihou. Her reactions are so fun to watch.

"I wanted to see how far you would go. That was... quite interesting..."

"!!!" (Zuihou)

"Hey! Why hasn't Admiral woken up yet? Everyone is waiting!" (Ooyodo)

The door swung open and an angry Ooyodo appeared. Behind her is Yuudachi.

"Oh! Yodo~ 'Sup." (Suzuya)

"Zuihou?! Why are you joining Admiral in bed? Don't tell me-" (Ooyodo)

"Wait! It's not-" (Zuihou)

"No fair poi! Yuudachi wants to be Admiral's dakimakura as well!" (Yuudachi)

"Yuudachi! No!" (Zuihou)

The two of us got pounced on by the excitable dog-girl. Needless to say, we were all late for morning roll-call.