Chapter 81: What the Doggy Brought In

The sound of thunder rattled against my window, accompanied by the rain pounding against the window pane. Will Shigure be alright with this weather? She likes the rain but has an intense fear for thunder. Once I'm done with these three, I'll go check on her.

I have the two strangers, now fully clothed and with their modesty intact, sit at my sofa while I deal with this mischievous puppy.

The one called Mio has long raven black hair with a red streak and a weird 'lemon' hairclip holding it in place. In contrast, the one called Fubuki has medium length snow white hair which grows slightly past her shoulders and an ahoge. Both of them have their hair tied in a low ponytail. Mio-san is the taller and bigger one, from waht I saw earlier. I think she might be bigger than Prinz Eugen. Ahem, moving on... Their outfits are rather similar. Both are wearing a belted dress, albeit in different colours. Fubuki-san has a blue top and white skirt while Mio-san's one is entirely brown.

"Ouch! That hurts! I'm sorry~!!" (Tokitsukaze)

I grinded Tokitsukaze's head in between my knuckles as she yelped in pain.

"Gosh! You should know better to let two civilians in without permission! Let alone let them use the bathroom in my office. Hell. Why didn't you lock the door?!"

"They're- Oww!! I'm sorry!!" (Tokitsukaze)

"Um... Excuse me... Don't you think you are too rough with her?" (Mio-san)

"That's a little too much, isn't it?" (Fubuki-san)

"Why aren't you two angry? If it weren't for her, we wouldn't have that embarrassing incident."

"Isn't that's kind of yo..." (Fubuki-san)

"Wai- Fubuki...!" (Mio-san)

I can see Mio-san blushing extremely hard, while Fubuki-san, though her face was also red, had this doubtful and unimpressed expression on her face. For some reason, it feels like she is blaming me for that. I mean, it was partially my fault for staring...

"Geez."

I released Tokitsukaze from my torture and gently rubbed her head,

"Don't do that again, okay?"

Yes... I'm sorry, Commander..." (Tokitsukaze)

I can see the tears in her eyes. She is like a sad puppy. I held her tiny hands,

"So long as you are know what you did wrong and apologize."

"But Fubuki-san and Mio-san are not civilians." (Tokitsukaze)

"Eh? What are you saying?"

"Tokitsukaze-chan is right. We are technically not civilians, Admiral-san. That's kind of a weird nickname, don't you think? Commander... It's like you are the boss or something." (Fubuki-san)

???

"Fubuki! Can't you see his shoulder epaulets?! There is a full yellow bar and two sakura flowers there. He is the Admiral!" (Mio-san)

"Ah! Oh no!! How should I do? That was totally an insult, wasn't it?!" (Fubuki-san)

"You two..."

"Eep!" (Fubuki-san)

"Hiee!!" (Mio-san)

The two girls stiffened up. The fact that they know how to read the shoulder epaulets means they have some knowledge of our organization. And that familiar reaction is something personnel with a lower rank in the military would have.

They must be...

"Name and rank?"

"Yes!" (Fubuki-san and Mio-san)