Chapter 20: Birthday 06/19

After morning roll call, I followed Akashi to the factory. Inside, she passed me a black box,

"Here. Take a look and tell me if any adjustments need to be done." (Akashi)

I opened the box to check the item inside. It looks perfect. The size, the color, the pattern, everything.

"I knew I can count on you. It's gorgeous."

"That's great to hear. I was worried it wasn't up to your standards." (Akashi)

"It's perfect. Thank you. Now we are just left with the party preparations."

"Call me when you start. I have to do some maintenance on a few guns." (Akashi)

"Will do. See you later."

I left the factory with the small box in hand. Today is a big day for a certain Light Aircraft Carrier. I thought long and hard about this gift. Hopefully she likes it.

I head back to my office. I will need to wrap this.

"Ah. Admiral, 'sup." (Suzuya)

"Suzuya. Yo."

I immediately hid the box in my pocket. Damn it, girl. Bad time to run into you four right now. That JK is with the birthday girl now. Suzuya, Prinz Eugen, Shouhou and Zuihou are all dressed up and ready to go to town.

"Taa-daa! How is she? I did the coordination." (Suzuya)

Zuihou wore a short white dress which shows off her legs, on top of a dark green T-shirt. She paired the set with the dark green jacket she bought last month in Shin-Yokohama, albeit with the sleeves folded up. Her shoes are a darker shade of brown and her hair is tied in a side ponytail. She looks so cute and pretty.

Wow. She is gorgeous...

"Admiral?" (Zuihou)

"Ah. Umm... It really fits you."

"T-thank you." (Admiral)

"Hey hey. Is that all? I know you have more to say, right? Ow ow ow. Sorry~" (Suzuya)

I grabbed her cheeks to shut her up.

Suzuya wore a white off-shoulder, puffy sleeve blouse with black shorts and purple shoes. Shouhou's outfit is a white sleeveless blouse, a black and red skirt decorated with a ribbon and brown shoes. Prinz Eugen is wearing a pleated schoolgirl outfit with an underbust overall corset, shoulder cutouts, black tights, and black shoes.

The three of them are pretty but they still got a long way to beat Zuihou in terms of cuteness.

"Are you sure you don't want to come with?" (Agano)

"Sorry. I still got a bit of work to do. It's easy but there's tons of them."

"Then, let me help you." (Zuihou)

"No no. You go out with the others. It's your birthday today. You should take the day off to relax and enjoy."

"But..." (Zuihou)

Zuihou looks disappointed. Honestly, I want to follow her but I need to clear today's reports and oversee the party set-up.

"Tell you what. I will bring you out again some other time. Just the two of us. Okay?"

"Promise?" (Zuihou)

"Promise."

I stick out my pinky and she wrapped hers around mine. We both chant the phase,

"Pinky swear, ten thousand punches, whoever lies will be made to swallow a thousand needles."

"If you lie, I will shoot you, okay?" (Zuihou)

"How scary. Don't worry. I don't lie about such things."

"Ehehe~" (Zuihou)

A sweet smile appeared on her face.

"Wooo! Good for you, Zuihou! A date with Admiral!" (Agano)

"Come on. Get going. You need to be back here by 7pm."

"I can't wait to see what you came up with this year." (Zuihou)

"Don't get your hopes up. Have a safe trip. See you later."

"We are off!" (Zuihou, Prinz Eugen, Suzuya, Shouhou)

I watched their backs as the walked towards the gate, chatting and laughing along the way. This scene is so nostalgic...

"All right. I better head back and rush those reports."

-------------------------------

"A little to the left. Yep yep yep! That's perfect." (Agano)

Noshiro secured the deco with tape and jumped off the ladder.

"Hey, careful."

"Where are the string things?" (Mutsuki)

"We have some more in the store room, I think. I'll go get them!" (Shiratsuyu)