Chapter 71: Lucky Ship

I can see the anger on Zuikaku's face. What? Do you really expect me to let them continue the operation like this?

"I agreed to help because I figured since you helped my girls, I should return the favour. And Zuihou convinced me to as well. I was under the assumption this was going to a simple rescue mission. Draw the guards away, infiltrate the large ship, find and save your sister, destroy the ship and we are go home. Sure, we will definitely encounter some resistance along the way. But no one told me that we were going to be up against multiple hordes of Siren ships and robotic Kansen who are stronger than their original."

"Hah! Do you think it was going to be such a simple job? If it was, I wouldn't have asked for your help in the first place. I would have done it myself a long time ago. Hell, even my original plan was to storm the place on my own." (RA Zuikaku)

"Oh so now you're back-pedalling. Who was the one that said she realised the number of enemies were too much for one person to handle? Tell me. You were the one who came begging us for help to save your sister."

"Was I the one that decided a single 7-man Strike Fleet was enough? This whole operation was planned by you!" (RA Zuikaku)

"You intel was insufficient! If you had given me sufficient intel, I wouldn't have endangered my girls like this! The diversion fleets already had a hard time attracting most of these scrap metal away. Now we have to deal with stronger robotic versions of your colleagues."

"Jeez! Both of you, don't fight!" (Agano)

"That's right! Calm down, Admiral. This is not the time to be arguing!" (Zuihou)

"I concur. We are in enemy turf. Our supplies are already thin as it is and we are exhausted. This is not the time or place to be arguing." (Ooyodo)

"Hmph! Your Admiral started it." (RA Zuikaku)

"Oh, screw you! You were the one who landed us in this mess."

"Admiral, please. Stop it already." (Zuihou)

"Alright alright. Everyone calm down. We need to focus on what to do next." (Ooyodo)

I took a deep breath. Ooyodo is right. This is not the time or place to be arguing with a Turkey.

"I say we retreat. We will resupply, and tackle this with a combined fleet."

"No. We advance. The Sanctuary is just right there! There are no Sirens as far as my planes can see. I'm not letting this chance go to waste." (RA Zuikaku)

"You... goddamn Turkey! Do you even understand the situation we are in?! My girls barely have any ammo left. I bet you don't even have much planes left."

"What did you just call me?!" (RA Zuikaku)

"Aaahhh. Come on. Quit it already." (Agano)

"Everyone, heads up. We got company." (Ooyodo)

"The target seems... awfully strong... I thought they know I'm not the type to engage in face to face combat..." (???)

A red dot appeared on my radar. It's just one after the other.

A small girl with long waist-length hair came into view. She was scantily dressed, wearing only the top half of a white Serafuku and brown pleated mini-skirt. There are floral patterns on her brown collar, the underside of some cloth tied to both arms with blue ribbons, and on her skirt. Two white and blue metallic accessories stuck to her head, with a noticeable ahoge in the middle of her head. Attached to her waist are her weapons, a 12.7cm twin gun mount on her right and a torpedo launcher on her left. Written on her torpedo launcher were the hiragana for 'nowaki'.