Chapter 10: Saving CVL Zuihou

It's already 8am, an hour since the Rescue mission started. I watched on the monitor as the Combined Carrier Task Force advanced to the fourth island in Alfonsino, where our girl is being held captive. Radar indicates that there is an Abyssal fleet nearby but that's no cause for concern.

"Admiral. My Saiun has spotted an Abyssals Destroyer I-class in our starboard direction. 400 metres away. Shall we engage it?" (Shouhou)

"It hasn't spotted you, right? Ignore it."

"Let's go kill it poi!" (Yuudachi)

"Yuudachi, your Admiral said to ignore it. Save your strength." (Zuikaku)

Since we are up against three Aircraft Carriers and that we have three Aircraft Carriers joining us, I decided it was appropriate to send a Carrier Task Force to deal with them. Zuikaku, Taihou, Shouhou, Chitose, Fusou and Yamashiro will lead the main vanguard fleet whilst Ooyodo, Suzuya, Mikuma, Yuudachi, Murasame and Ryuujou will be the escorts. For the detached fleet which will go on land to search and extract our target, Hamakaze will lead Mutsuki, Shioi and Imuya. While the CTF engages the group, be it with violence or with words, depending on how the other party reacts, Hamakaze's group will go in and pull our girl out.

The trip so far has been conveniently quiet, with little to none Abyssal sightings. The same as before. Which is good. I would like the girls to be at full strength while engaging them.

"Admiral, we have a problem! Keiun has spotted an Battleship Princess and it's escorts are en route to our target location!" (Taihou)

Huh?! What?!

"You don't think...? Is that why it's so quiet?" (Chitose)

"Then, Zuihou is...!" (Shouhou)

"Double time it! Launch your bombers to deal with them! Hamakaze, station yourselves somewhere near the island."

"Got it. Things are looking pretty hot over there." (Hamakaze)

As the fleet approached closer to the island, smoke and fire can be seen all over the place.

"Report! Currently there is a fleet with 2 Battleship Princesses and an South Pacific Aircraft Carrier Princess attacking the island." (Taihou)

"Escorting them are PT Imps Torpedo Cruiser Chi-Class and Wo-class! It's a Combined fleet! There are multiple Destroyer I-classes and Light Carrier Nu-classes as well!" (Chitose)

"Looks like we are seeing some action after all." (Zuikaku)

"We need to hurry. Zuihou could be in danger!" (Shouhou)

"Relax, sis. panicking ain't gettin' ya anywhere." (Ryuujou)

The small CVL cosplaying as a Macdonalds employee brought out her scroll. A blue flame with the kanji for 'fighter' appeared on her fingertips. She slid her finger across the scroll and 5 Reppu fighters emerged at the end of it, taking off. She did the same thing two more times, one with 'Dive' and the other with 'Torpedo'. The other carriers launched their own set of planes as well.

"Don't get me wrong. I only want to save Zuihou. Saving my historical enemy is just a side effect." (Zuikaku)

"I didn't say anything. But thank you."

The horde of Abyssals was soon visible on the monitor. There are a couple of strange things going on. Most notably, a girl in white is riding on a flying horse. Planes seem to launch from her sides. There is another one riding atop of a Fighter as she fired arrow after arrow. The arrows transmute into various things in yellow. I can see bombs, AA fire and one the split into multiple smaller projectiles. What the hell are we up against?