Chapter 69: The Other Side of Distress

A Zero Fighter and Saiun flew past another horde of Siren ships. Despite being so obvious, the ships did not react.

"No. We can't go through here either. There is too many." (RA Zuikaku)

"This is outrageous. How many do they need to protect one installation?" (Shiratsuyu)

"That just shows how important it is. Admiral, what should we do?" (Ooyodo)

After dealing with a robotic Akatsuki, the fleet advanced closer to the Siren construct. At this point, the girls are low on ammunition, save for the carriers, after repeated battles with mass-produced Siren ships. I don't want them to go in blazing with barely any ammunition. We have to find another route.

"Zuihou, can you find another route?"

"I can try." (Zuihou)

"That will take too long. If I ram through the blockade with my ship form, we should be able to instantly punch through them." (RA Zuikaku)

"Vetoed."

"Vetoed." (Zuihou)

"Vetoed." (Shigure)

"Vetoed." (Prinz Eugen)

"Why the hell are you three in sync?!" (RA Zuikaku)

"I know you are in a hurry but that is way too much of a risk to take."

"Kamikaze attacks may have worked on St. Lo, but that was it's not going to work every time." (Ooyodo)

"Moreover, we don't do that here."

"Who is St. Lo? And what do you mean by kamikaze attacks?" (RA Zuikaku)

"Right. I keep forgetting that you Kansen are still in the midst of it."

"Midst of what? The war? Speaking of which, if you are technically the same as us, what hap-" (RA Zuikaku)

"Sorry to interrupt, we got company." (Ooyodo)

As Ooyodo detected, more red blips appeared on the radar on my console. With every flash, the number of red blips increased.

"Another horde... Damn, it's just a bunch of fakes after another... If only I hadn't lost so much planes earlier..." (RA Zuikaku)

"Let me handle this." (Zuihou)

"I got this." (Prinz Eugen)

"Wait! Huh? Is that a distress signal...?" (RA Zuikaku)

"A distress signal? Here? And at this timing?" (Shiratsuyu)

"There might be someone else here. It's coming from behind that horde." (RA Zuikaku)

"So we are going through in the end?" (Ooyodo)

"Zuikaku, what else can you do with your katana?"

"What do you mean?" (RA Zuikaku)

"Can you shoot out a fire blade or something? Something that can wipe out of them."

"It's a katana, not some kind of magical weapon. I can buff it with fire but that's it." (RA Zuikaku)

That's mildly disappointing. Oh well,

"Can I leave the escorts to you?"

"Yeah. I have a few fighters left. You don't want me to use my bombers?" (RA Zuikaku)

"You'll need them for later. Zuihou, Prinz Eugen, you are up. Cut a path through and The rest of you, perform evasive manoeuvres and conserve your ammo."

"Roger!" (All)

"Everyone, you still have a job to do~" (Zuihou)

"Looks like it's time to use my signature move!" (Prinz Eugen)

Zuihou launched a wave of Tenzens and Type 99 bombers while Prinz Eugen's four turrets angled and locked themselves in place. Zuikaku threw out 9 paper shikigamis which transmute into Zero Fighters and followed Zuihou's bombers.

"Commence shelling!... Fire!" (Prinz Eugen)

Prinz Eugen begin shelling the hordes of advancing Sirens as Zuihou's planes begin their bombing run. The Siren ships scattered in meagre attempt to evade, creating a opening between their ranks. Which was what I was hoping for.