Chapter 40: Kill... and Capture

Due to Siren presence in the Mediterranean, the operation started a day early to increase our success rate and prevent our secondary enemy from interfering. Several changes had to be done because of these heaps of scrap metal. Right now, on top of handling EO, Maizuru's Force Z is to provide support for Kure. My forces are there to open up a path to retreat, and deal with any unexpected issues. With how unpredictable everything is nowadays, you need to have a contingency plan for everything. At least the weather there is good for the fleet to begin the operation.

The first phase of this mission is to defeat the Summer Heavy Cruiser Princess. Only then, can we go ahead and carry out the transport phase. The 1st Special Squadron, comprising of Takao, Atago, Kinu, Kagerou, Shiranui and Kuroshio, will draw out and kill the Abyssal Princess. This will open up the path for the Mediterranean Fleet to carry out the transport operation and eliminate the Enemy Heavy Cruiser Ne Kai's Combined Fleet. The Mediterranean Fleet consist of two compositions. The Transport phase and taking out the enemy combined fleet will be handled by Italia, Roma, Maya, Abukuma, Yukikaze, Maestrale and Libeccio. Maya, Maestrale and Libeccio will then join Hiyou and Junyou, Grecale, and Scirocco to draw out the Abyssal Combined Fleet before rejoining their original fleet to execute the final phase of the mission. The 1st Special Squadron has already drawn out the Princess and are now entering the hunting phase.

"Admiral, we are approaching Point G." (Takao)

"Roger. All units, maintain radio silence until the enemy fleet is in range. Be on the lookout for any potential threats." (Admiral Kotobuki)

"Permission to deploy recon seaplanes." (Takao)

"Granted." (Admiral Kotobuki)

Takao took out the Type 0 Recon Seaplane attached to her garter belt and tossed it into the air. With a puff of smoke, the plane enlarged and flew off.

"Force Z, remain vigilant for any possible hostiles or anomalies in the area. Don't do anything unnecessary."

"Roger!" (All)

The room was quiet as I watched Kure's 1st Special Squadron advance to where the Heavy Cruiser Princess is waiting and my girls standing by. The radio suddenly came to life. The fleet even slowed down. Weren't they supposed to maintain radio silence until they reached Point G?

"Admiral, this is Flagship Takao. Do you read me?" (???)

"Takao, you were supposed to maintain radio silence. It hasn't even been 10 minutes. Ah. Whatever. Send traffic." (Admiral Kotobuki)

"I'm sorry. I have an immediate report to make. Four unidentified shipgirls have been spotted 300 meters from our current position. They are surrounded by the Abyssals!" (Takao)

"Are they ours?" (Admiral Kotobuki)

"Negative. They are... animal girls?" (Takao)

"Seriously?" (Kawakaze)

You got to be kidding me. Here? In the Mediterranean?

"This is Admiral Keita. Send out a Request for Identification. Check their response."

The only animal-girls I can think of now are Shiggy's friends from the Sakura Empire. There was a brief moment of silence as Takao carried out my order,

"They are Kansen from the Sakura Empire. They have ran out of ammo and are requesting for backup." (Takao)

"Keita." (Admiral Kotobuki)

Oh, for Pete's sake! Agh. I guess this does count as an anomaly. They must be searching for their brethren but why search this area?

"I know. You guys carry on with the mission. Force Z, go in and eliminate the Abyssals surrounding them. After that, take them into custody."