Chapter 23: Ironblood SOS

Yuudachi and Shigure slept against each other on the sofa, like a pair of doggies cuddling with one another. They were helping me earlier until Shioi came along. Today is not as hot as the rest and it's the perfect weather for a nap. Meanwhile, Shioi and I are at the desk, sorting out two months worth of documents for archiving. So many things happened this past few months that it completely slipped our minds. Even Ooyodo forgot about it till now. We have a backlog of about three months to clear. Usually, I will have Zuihou help me with this but she reported sick and has been resting in her room for the past two days. I wanted to nurse her but Shouhou convinced me that she will take care of her in my stead. I'm concerned but if it's Shouhou then she is in good hands.

"Admiral, this report... is it under Ops or miscellaneous?" (Shioi)

"Let me see."

Shioi passed me the report regarding Zuihou's kidnapping.

"Definitely under Ops. This is supposed to be together with Zuihou's Rescue Op. Can't believe it's almost three months since then."

I passed it back to Shioi,

"Let's see... I think it's in here?" (Shioi)

There was a knock on the door and Ooyodo walked right in.

"Ooyodo, you are too loud poi~" (Yuudachi)

Yuudachi rubbed her eyes as she woke up.

"What's up?"

I turned my attention to the bespectacled lady,

"A group of unknown shipgirls have entered our waters and are asking for something." (Ooyodo)

Why do I feel like this is going to be troublesome?

"And what is it that they want?"

"That's the issue. We don't know. They are speaking German, it seems. Prinz Eugen is talking to them at the moment. She is requesting permission to let them onto shore. She says she will take full responsibility for anything that happens and promises that they will disarm and behave themselves. Tenryuu, Murasame and Souryuu are armed and on standby." (Ooyodo)

Unknown german shipgirls... I remember there are four main factions in Azur Lane. We already met three of them, so this must be the last faction.

The Ironblood.

"Permission granted. I will meet them at the port. Deactivate the sentry turrets to allow for safe passage. Tell the three of them to remain on high alert."

"Understood." (Ooyodo)

Ooyodo began relaying what I said to the four girls.

"Let's go."

"Yes." (Shigure)

"Poi!" (Yuudachi)

"Yeah!" (Shioi)

We made our way to the port. Suddenly, six large warships appeared and parked themselves at the pier. Yep. Definitely Azur Lane related. That largest one must be a battleship. The two smallest ones look like Destroyers.

The four of us reached the port and were greeted with a peculiar sight,

"Köstlich! Was ist das für ein Bier?" <Delicious! What kind of beer is this?> (Tall blonde woman in black naval uniform and cape)

"Asahi Super Dry Bier. Es wird aus Reis hergestellt." <Asahi Super Dry beer. It's made from rice.> (Prinz Eugen)

"We should try this with some Goulash." <Wir sollten das mit Gulasch probieren.> (Small girl in white double-breasted dress top and blue beret)