Chapter 11: The Small Dreadnought Battleship

"How are my remodelled clothes?" (Zuihou)

Zuihou spun around, showing off her new outfit for the umpteenth time. It's the same Miko outfit she wore but in camo green. She really likes it. It has been a week since Zuihou returned and quite a few things have happened. After returning from Alfonsino, I spent the next two days with her, pampering her until I'm sure she is okay. She was shaken up a little but recovered soon after. We had some more run-ins with those black ships but since they don't belong to anyone and are a potential threat, we gave them the Abyssal treatment. After sinking the fourth ship, Zuihou started growing, indicating that she is finally ready to be remodelled. It took so long, even Shigure who came back home at the same time as Zuihou had already gotten her Kai Ni months ago. Her Kai form is more or less the same as her original form, but with a larger plane capacity, faster speeds, and stronger firepower. Oh, and a higher voice as well. Her outfit is now green with a camouflage pattern, reminiscent of the camouflage pattern used on her flight deck during the war. She won't stop gushing about it.

Enterprise and gang reached Brunei Anchorage within  two days after we left. They stopped by one of the islands to rest before marching on to Brunei Anchorage. Enterprise then reunited with her sister. The Hornet we know, though a different version, recognized Enterprise instantly and went in for a hug. Even before the other one reacted.

I haven't heard much news from them since but I do know the guy Hornet, the bikini-clad one, brought in is still unconscious. The report states his condition has stabilized but still in a comatose state.

Zuihou looked at me with glimmering eyes. She is waiting for my answer,

"It looks good on you."

"Ehehe~ Let's do our best with today's work!" (Zuihou)

"Don't wanna."

"Come on. Let's get to work." (Zuihou)

Zuihou pulled my arm, trying to get me off the sofa. With everything that went on last week, I want to slack for at least two days. I have a backlog of manga and anime to clear. I would have cleared it in a day if I were still a kid.

"First!" (???)

The door swung open, revealing Shiratsuyu and her sisters. It was their turn to run an expedition today. The fleet has Shiratsuyu, Shigure, Murasame, Yuudachi, Kawakaze and Umikaze.

"Is that a new game poi? Yuudachi wants to join too poi!" (Yuudachi)

"We are not playing!" (Zuihou)

"Alright alright. Just a moment."

I got up and headed to the sofa,

"Your report?"

"Yes. Along with the usual amount, we managed to get some buckets and crating materials for new equipment!" (Shiratsuyu)

"We already packed the items into their respective sheds. The data should come in with the reports later on." (Shigure)

"Thank you. So, Kawakaze, mind explaining yourself before I contact the military police?"

"I knew you would say that!" (Kawakaze)

Gripping Kawakaze 's skirt is a small girl, about the same height, maybe a head shorter, as Satsuki. Wearing a red and white miko-esque outfit that exposes her pale shoulders, she has long raven hair with gold hair clips that look like a bird roosting on a flower resting on both sides of her bangs and a serious expression. Attached to her are a pair of large grey riggings, each with two 410mm cannons and 3 sets of secondary guns. Each of her cannons have a red and white ceremonial rope tied around its base, with white Shide paper streamers attached to them. A pagoda-like structure, which is probably as tall as her, stood erect from behind her.  One thing that stands out is those pair of black animal ears on her head. Is she a cosplayer?