Chapter 50: Encounter

The 6 submarine girls remained still underwater, waiting for the Abyssal planes to pass by. Once they were in the clear, I can hear them breath a sigh of relief through the radio.

"Phew. That was scary." (Ro)

"We better keep moving dechi?" (Goya)

"Yep. Head to T2. A Light fleet is there so expect AS resistance."

"Which one should we go first? T1, T3 or T4?" (Shioi)

"T1 first. Intel states there are Transport Ship Wa-classes there. If we are lucky, we might find the New Mediterranean Dreadnought Water Princess there."

"As fun as that sounds, we are no match for that." (Imuya)

"You will do fine. No matter how tough they are, torpedoes are will always find a way to penetrate their armour. "

"That's right nano. Just leave it to the sniper of the ocean nano!" (Iku)

With phase 2 cleared, Souryuu's fleet cleared out an Abyssal Installation and a Light fleet in the area to secure us a forward base. Once the entirety of Force Z and 10th Submarine Fleet has established the base, Phase 2.5B is in full swing. This objective of this phase is to draw out the New Abyssal Mediterranean Princess by eliminating the Abyssal forces in the area. Ryuujou has cleared her part of her mission, so now it's up to the submarines to deal the share before we can pass it to Zain for the remaining area.

The 6 submarines swam their way to T2.

"There they are." (Shioi)

"Alright. Line Ahead formation. Shioi, Goya."

"Alright~! The I-400-class' magnificent battle is beginning!" (Shioi)

"My seaplanes are all good-dechi!" (Goya

Shioi and Goya surfaced. Taking out a Zuiun (631 Air Group) and waiting for it's engines to rev up, Imuya tossed it into the air like a paper plane. Shioi took out her catapult. A Seiran (631 Air Group) emerged from the hanger and unfolded itself. Shioi angled her catapult upwards and launched her Seiran.

""Enemy fleet spotted. I'll get you!" (Shioi)

The Seiran and Zuiun commenced bombardment. Though it's just two seaplane bombers, they were still powerful enough to take out He-class and Tsu-class. Now it's just the four Destroyer Ro-class left.

"Good job! Everyone, mop up the rest."

"Understood!" (All)

The 4 Abyssal Destroyers, alerted to my girl's presence, charged towards them. Only one of them has ASW capabilities. The one with a obnoxious red glow around it.

"Load tubes 1 through 4. Now, let's go increase our accomplishments!" (Imuya)

"I'm not like Bismarck nee-san or Eugen-san but... I'll do my best!" (Ro)

"Feuer!" (Hachi)

"Launching 6 oxygen torpedoes!" (Iku)

The four submarines launched their torpedoes at the enemy. A couple of them were blown up midway by the enemy's mostly ineffective machine gun fire, but still enough to trigger a detonation, whilst the rest made contact with the Destroyers. The 3 regular Destroyers blew up and the red one was severely damaged. With the lower part of its body shattered and in flames, the Destroyer Ro-class Late Model Elite can only float on the spot and stick out it's tongue.

"The Seiran-sans are my friends after all." (Shioi)

Shioi surfaced and launched another Seiran. The damaged Destroyer Ro-class can only remain as the perfect target. The Seiran dropped it's payload on the wretched thing, putting it out of it's misery.