Chapter 28: Holdout

The sky and water were both littered with balls of explosions, machine gun fire, shells, lasers, and planes made of either steel or supernatural fire. Black Siren ships fall from the sky to reinforce their enemy numbers. Some of them blew up mid-air thanks to my girls.

It is an all-out war between Maizuru and the Crimson Axis. Although we initially had an advantage in numbers, that vixen summoned a bunch of Siren ships and made our lives even more difficult . We traded shells for lasers, planes for fire, and torpedoes for torpedoes. While she sat on her carrier and summoned planes, the others are fighting on the water surface.

"Fifth Squadron, launching!" (Zuihou)

"Kisaragi-chan, fall back! You're hurt!" (Mutsuki)

"I'm fine! Don't worry about me." (Kisaragi)

"Yuudachi, let's bite them!" (Black dog girl)

"Good idea, Shigure! You are going to be my new chew toy!" (CA Yuudachi)

"We need to take out that large dog!" (Fusou)

"What a pain in the ass! Mogami! Back me up. Toss some bones for that dog." (Yamashiro)

"My seaplanes aren't bones!" (Mogami)

"You know what I meant!" (Yamashiro)

Mogami's Zuiuns and Seaplanes flew around the large wolf, pattering it with bullets and occasionally some bombs which probably did nothing but piss it off even more. It let out a loud howl which made my ears ring. I can imagine the effect of it on my girls on the ground.

"I'm running out of ammo! Permission to resupply!" (Noshiro)

"You didn't have to ask. All units, as soon as you are in the red or injured, fall back immediately to resupply and recover. Akashi is on standby with quick repair buckets."

I turned to Ooyodo who is managing the comms,

"Ooyodo, get out there and back them up."

"But Admiral, what about the comms?" (Ooyodo)

"I will handle it myself. Divide all control to my console and get out there."

"Roger!" (Ooyodo)

Additional command prompts appeared on my console screen and buttons started flashing. It's complicated but nothing I can't handle. Ooyodo ran out of the Command Centre. Soon, her icon appeared on the screen as she joined the fray,

"Ooyodo. Sortieing." (Ooyodo)

"I will show you the Nightmare of Solomon!" (Yuudachi)

"That's... my line..." (CA destroyer with Sword)

As the Destroyer swung her sword, Yuudachi parried it with her gun and kicked her away. The other white hair dog-girl, I think her name is also Yuudachi, lunged at our Yuudachi,

"Don't bully Ayanami!" (CA Yuudachi)

"Poi?!" (Yuudachi)

The two Destroyers clashed and tumbled onto the water. Shouhou's arm bled as a laser cut through her shoulder.

"Shouhou, fall back now! Sawaka, get that dog off Yuudachi."

A shell from Sakawa launched the enemy Yuudachi away. Bombs dropped from the planes launched by that wolf managed to damage a number of my girls, forcing them to retreat and further thin out our numbers. I'm glad that they didn't sink but at this rate, we will lose this fight.

"See? I gave you the chance to join us but you squandered it away. Even if you change your mind now, I will slaughter every last one of you~" (CA Akagi)