Chapter 76: Bonding with Zuihou (Mature Warning R18)

*Disclaimer*

---This chapter contains depictions of sex---

--------------------------------------------------------

I head to the main building and went to my office. I opened the connecting door to my room slightly and peeked through the gap. Sure enough, I can see a pair of white loose socks and some dark green cloth on my bed.

"Zuihou?"

No response... Is she asleep?

I walked over to the side of the bed. Yeah. She is sleeping. Should I wake her up? But she looks so cute like this.

Hold on. It's red around her eyes. There is some tears as well. Was she crying?

I gently brushed the leftover tears from her eyes, careful not to rouse her. Although, I guess I didn't try hard enough.

"Mmgh... Hmm? Admiral?" (Zuihou)

"Ah. Sorry. I woke you up."

Zuihou sat up, rubbing her eyes,

"No. It's alright." (Zuihou)

I looked at Zuihou as she stared at me silently.

"Zui- ?!"

Suddenly, her face scrunched up and tears poured out from her eyes.

"Woah woah woah! Hey. What's wrong? Does your arm still hurt?"

She shook her head violently. Zuihou grabbed my shirt and buried her face in my chest.

What happened? Is it really because of the mission the other day?

"I... I..." (Zuihou)

I can feel her trembling in my arms as I held her close.

"There. There. I'm here."

"I... I *sniff* couldn't do much... in that mission... I *hic* caused trouble for everyone. Shi- *sniff* -gure even almost died for me. When it counts... *hic* I kept screwing up..." (Zuihou)

So that's what was bothering her. She felt useless. Shigure risked her life and took the hit for Zuihou, she was left hanging from a catwalk while her friends got hurt, an attack from Kaga crippled her during a deceive moment, leaving Zuikaku to fight on her own while giving Akagi time do that data transfer thing... If I were in her shoes, even I would be disappointed in myself.

To fail at the critical moments and feel useless... I know that feeling way too well...

"You feel frustrated... and disappointed in yourself, right? It's okay. Let it all out. I'm here for you."

I hugged Zuihou and stroked her head as she cried softly in my arms. It took a long while but she eventually calmed down.

My shirt is soaked with tears and mucus... But that's not an issue.

"Do you want some water?"

Zuihou nodded her head, her eyes puffy from all that crying and snot dripping from her nose. I poured a glass of water for her and took a couple of tissues with me.

"Here. Blow."

I pressed the tissues against her nose and she let out a 'honk' as she blew her nose. I scrunched the tissue to wipe off any leftover mucus and tossed it into the bin before giving her the cup of water.

"Feeling better?"

"Yes. Thank you, Admiral." (Zuihou)

"Your welcome."

I took off my shirt and sat next to her on the bed.

"If Shigure wakes up tomorrow, you can go thank her for saving you."