Chapter 57: A Visit to her Birth Place

As I stood in front of the train station, four pigeons started fighting each other for some reason, scattering their feathers everywhere on this extremely windy day. Crazy birds. Of all days, it just has to be this beautiful morning where the early autumn wind decides to peak. I just saw an elementary schooler in a red hat being held on the spot for a minute or so, unable to move forward because of the strong wind. Her hair was blown backwards but she remained stoic as she fought against the wind. Only when the wind died down a little was she able to continue her journey. Apart from this ridiculous wind, the weather is great.

"Admiral~!" (Zuihou)

I looked for the source of that sweet and familiar voice. A girl in white blouse, brown plaid skirt, black leggings, and pink cardigan was running towards me. Her hair is tied into twintails, which bounced along with her little backpack as she ran.

Cute...

"Did you wait long?" (Zuihou)

On closer inspection, she is even wearing red-rimmed glasses, which increase her overall appeal. Glasses really are versatile.

"Admiral?" (Zuihou)

"Ah. Nope. Right on time. Nobody saw you right?"

Zuihou shook her head,

"Nope. I split up with Shouhou and went to a nearby public toilet to change my looks." (Zuihou)

"You changed into an entire different outfit?"

"Oh, no. I just changed my hairstyle, and put on some extra clothing. My other clothes are in the bag." (Zuihou)

Zuihou fiddled with her glasses and checked her tights.

"You look good in that."

I can see her blush. She is really a cute and beautiful girl.

"Th-thank you." (Zuihou)

"Let's go. I already got the tickets for the next train."

"Yes!" (Zuihou)

Just as promised, I gave everybody a week off from official duties. I even took three days off myself. Ooyodo is helping me hold down the fort. Despite telling me not to, I already credited three days off-in-lieu into her account as a token of appreciation. As promised, I'm bringing Zuihou on a date, which is more of a trip at this point, to Yokosuka Naval Base for some sightseeing and some activities. Yes, I know a military base isn't ideal for a date spot. Heck, you shouldn't even go therefor a date.

Since most of the girls are going on vacation today, Zuihou and I were able to blend inconspicuously. The plan was for me to leave first and head to Nishimaizuru station. There, I will wait for Zuihou, who was leaving with the other carriers an hour after I left. Standing in front of the station while my shipgirls passed me was bound to attract their attention. Some of them asked me where I was going and who was I waiting for. I managed to play it off by saying I'm waiting for my brother to pick me up. Zuihou, on the other hand, had a little more to deal with since she was with the rest. Seriously, Shouhou would make a good wingman and sister-in-law.

The whole journey would take almost half a day, around 4 and a half hours to be exact. We should be able to reach Yokosuka by 2pm with everything goes well. We will need to change a few trains though. Compared to Zuihou, I didn't bring any luggage with me, not even a change of clothes, save for underwear. I can always buy a change for clothes from the Uniqlo store there. I already did some research and booked a hotel.

Though it feels like I missed out something.

As we sat on the train, we talked and ate our snacks. I made sure there was no one familiar within our line-of-sight. At this timing, I doubt there is anyone we would know on this train. After a few hours and changing trains, we finally reached Yokosuka-chou station.