Chapter 53: Alive

It has only been a day since the operation was deemed successful and the Mediterranean was clear of Abyssal presence. With the end of the operation, it was time for the after-report and dissemination of any new information. Force Z has just returned this morning after they had finished all necessary repairs, along with the new girl. Suzuya, Zara and Pola were absent from the fleet, since they will be in Italy for a while. I will need to wire them the money later so that they can buy some necessities for their little vacation. As per HQ's orders, the new girl we found in the Mediterranean is to be posted to Maizuru. I was expecting her to be posted to Brunei, seeing as most foreign shipgirls are posted there.

The blonde lady Force Z brought back stood in front of me in my office. Long blonde hair, greenish blue eyes, and a somewhat well-endowed bustline. She wears a military uniform comprising of a greenish cropped jacket over a white dress shirt. A red rose sits on top of her bosom. She also has a corset attached to an overskirt worn over a white underskirt, black pantyhose, black gloves, and a pelvic curtain patterned like an aircraft carrier runway. That is one heck of an outfit.

On my sides are Zuihou and Ooyodo, with the former having just returned in the late afternoon. I told Zuihou that she could take the rest of the day off to get some rest but she insisted on being my secretary immediately after her return.

"Alright. Please introduce yourself."

""I'm a <Illustrious-class aircraft carrier HMS Victorious>. I'm a British fleet carrier with an armoured flight deck. I survived numerous battles and was upgraded to be able to support carrier-based jets after the war. So you're the Admiral. Pleased to meet you. Let's be victorious together upon these seas!" (Victorious)

HMS Victorious... She looks like the European Armoured Carrier Princess. HQ needs more time to create and put her file together. I have no knowledge of Allied ships so I will have rely on the information I got from the 'War Archives' online on my laptop.

"Thank you. I'm Admiral Tokomaki Keita. Welcome to IJN's Maizuru Naval District. You are the first British Shipgirl to be assigned to this diistrict. I know you may have some pretty unpleasant memories about sinking during the war but I hope you may get along with the others."

"Uhh... I think there some kind of mistake." (Victorious)

"Admiral, that's wrong." (Ooyodo)

"Huh?"

"Yeah. Victorious-san survived the war." (Zuihou)

"I did not sink during the war. As far as I remember, I was honourably discharged." (Victorious)

Ah. That's...

I scrolled through the War Archives. The HMS Victorious had survived the war and was scrapped in 1969. Goddammit. I didn't have time to do my research.

"I'm sorry. I have yet to receive your profile and didn't have much knowledge on Allied ships."

"No offense taken. I understand I was posted here a day after I was found, so you may not have my information. And also, I believe I won't have a problem with the shipgirls here. <Ms. Zuihou> has got me up to speed on the current global situation on the way back here. The war we had is long over. This time, we must unite against a common enemy." (Victorious)

"That's great to hear. It will take some time for the fairies to prepare your room in the Carrier dormitory. In the meantime, feel free to tour around and familiarize yourself with the base. Ooyodo will guide you around."

<Well then,> I'm in your care, <Ms. Ooyodo>." (Victorious)

"The pleasure is mine, Victorious-san." (Ooyodo)

Both girls left the office, leaving me and Zuihou.

"Okay. They're gone."

"Y-yeah." (Zuihou)

"Just a moment."

I don't think I need to close the curtains. We are three stories up and we should be in the clear, unless a drone is being used. I got up from my chair and looked outside the door. All is quiet and there is no one walking around.

I think we are in the clear.

I hung up my 'Out of Office' sign and locked the door. We should be safe for now.

I walked towards Zuihou and hugged her tight. I have been waiting for this! Her smell, her touch, the feeling of her in my arms, I miss all of it.

"Admiral?!" (Zuihou)

"Welcome back, Zuihou."

I can feel her little hands on my back.

"I'm home, Admiral." (Zuihou)

"I was so lonely. I missed you."

"Me too. I felt so lonely without you around." (Zuihou)

She squeezed tighter. I placed a hand under butt and lifted her up,

"Hya! What?" (Zuihou)

Her weight is nothing I could handle. I expected her to be heavier though. With Zuihou in my arms, I brought her to the sofa and sat down. I sat her down my my lap and looked into her eyes.

"Admiral?" (Zuihou)

I feel like kissing her. I want to kiss her. But is it okay to do so? In fact, when is it the right time to do so? I read that some couples kiss the first time they met. Some a few months later, some a few years. It has only been slightly more than a month since we became a couple. Is it too fast?

Damn it. Why am I so inexperienced with this sort of thing?!

"Umm... Admiral, this a bit..." (Zuihou)

Zuihou moved and turned away from me a little.

"What's wrong?"

"It's just... I just got back and I'm sure I stink..." (Zuihou)

"Don't worry about it. It doesn't bother me."

"But it bothers me. I'm covered in salt and sweat." (Zuihou)

"Don't sweat it."

I pulled her closer and hugged her tightly again. She is right. She does smell a little salty, but this is proof she came back to me.

"Admiral! Don't sniff my hair!" (Zuihou)

I can feel her trying to push me away but there is no way I'm letting her go.

"Admiral! You better let me go or I will get angry!" (Zuihou)

"How cute of you."

"Arggh! At least let me take a shower!" (Zuihou)

"Should we go in together?"

"Wha-?! What are you saying? Admiral, you dummy!" (Zuihou)

"I was so afraid."

Huh? What... is this feeling?

"The whole time. Whenever I see any of you getting hurt in battle, I was so scared. Especially you, Zuihou."

Huh? What am I saying? Why am I saying this? Why am I having such thoughts all of a sudden?

Zuihou's face is getting blurry. I can feel something wet flow down my face. Tears? Am I crying?

"I was so scared of losing you. I'm so glad... you are alive."

I am overwhelmed with a weird mixture of relief and happiness all of a sudden.

Zuihou is right here. Right in my arms. Alive.

"Admiral, look at me." (Zuihou)

I can feel a warm hand on my face, brushing against my eyes. Zuihou became much clearer now.

"Zuihou is here. I will never leave you. That's a promise." (Zuihou)

I continued holding my girlfriend in my arms. I'm really glad she came back alive.