Chapter 37: A Pointless Argument (Spicy)

I flipped through the updated intel report again. Thanks to Akagi's and Shoukaku's reconnaissance, those guys at Intel were able to create, compile and update all the necessary information we need for this transport operation. HQ has also established the operation order and roles of each Naval District. Maizuru will be participating in EO. The enemies in the area, fleet compositions, phases, and routes have all been planned out and confirmed.

I flicked the Donald Duck bobblehead on my table lightly and watched it nod like a mad duck. The girls bought some souvenirs for me from their Disneyland trip. Zuihou gave me this Donald Duck bobblehead, the Woody one from Shigure, and the Beast one from Shioi. The other girls bought some for me as well but they are mostly T-shirts, keychains and other small trinkets. The three bobbleheads I can place on my desk as decorations and play with to distract me from work from time to time. When the seven of them returned, I listened to them talk about how fun it was, the rides, the hotel room, the plane ride, basically their entire experience. It's great that they loved it. Seeing Yahagi acting all childlike as she talked about the trip was a rare event.

"The operation will begin three days later. Our resources are in the green so we are all set. And we are not up till EO so there is still time to stockpile if necessary. I have a choice between a Light Composition or Heavy Composition. I can go for the Heavy option. Either way, I can assign Zara and Pola to this."

It will be their first major operation with us. If what Prinz Eugen said was correct, I'm sure they can work well with the others.

Prinz Eugen... I haven't really been able to talk to her this past week since then. It was only small talk and our two new shipgirls are always with her. I really want to know what was she doing that day. Does she love me? Hehe. Nah. Dream on, Keita. That's impossible. As far as I know, I haven't done anything to earn her affection. Or maybe it's a kind of German greeting? If it was she won't be acting like that afterwards. Think carefully, Keita.

...Dumbass. Why didn't you just send her a message? That way, I can arrange a meetup and talk to her. It was so simple.

A knock on my door jolted me out of my self-proclaimed deep thought. The door opened slightly and a cute girl with brown hair poked her head in,

"Admiral, you're still awake?" (Zuihou)

"Right back at you. It's already past lights out."

Zuihou entered and closed the door behind her. Her hair is down, a bit fluffier than usual, and she was wearing her night yukata. Sometimes I wonder, who designed it and does she even wear panties under that. It's so short, fully exposing her thighs, and the material looks thinner than it really is. Just cut it a bit more and I will be able to see her bottom half.

That is a dangerous outfit... Okay, the other me down there, calm down. No need to start pitching a tent so quickly. Just the mere thought of pulling off that obi, watching that yukata slip off her, exposing her naked body before having night battles with her is enough to get me aroused?

Apparently, yes! The tent has been pitched! Why am I having this kind of thoughts?

"Admiral, it's a little embarrassing if you stare that much." (Zuihou)

"Ah. My bad."

Down, boy! Down!

"What are you doing?" (Zuihou)

Zuihou walked over to me. Act natural.

"Nothing."

Natural! Not dumb!

She narrowed her eyes and stared at me,

"Are you hiding something? What are you reading?" (Zuihou)

"J-just the Intel booklet for the upcoming operation. I'm deciding on our fleet composition."