Chapter 60: With Zuihou (Mature Warning R18)

*Disclaimer*

---This chapter contains depictions of sex---

--------------------------------------------------------

The sound of the waves crashing gently onto the shore, accompanied by the gritty sound of the sand with every step I take and the cool pleasant sea breeze makes this simple walk on the beach a pleasant one. Although we hear the waves crashing onto the shores of Maizuru everyday, it feels and sounds different here. Maybe it's because we are in another place.

"The wind feels nice~" (Zuihou)

"I like the tranquil sound of the waves."

"Weird. We hear and feel this sort of thing everyday back home. But it feels different here." (Zuihou)

"I was thinking the same thing."

We held hands as we walked.

After our dinner, Zuihou wanted to go take a short walk on the beach. We can see the Abyssal Guard wall in the distance, protecting this coastal city from the Abyssals. I can barely make out the Search Towers, with some help from the beacons installed on top, and searchlights mounted on the walls, scanning the area in front of them, and the patrols ships anchored right below them. Unlike Maizuru, the Search Towers and Searchlights at the other three bases are manned manually by guards. The guards in the Search Towers utilize night vision cameras to scan the seas in front of them to look for Abyssals who got too close to our territory. Once they found an Abyssal, the searchlights are turned on to illuminate the target. From there, the fairies manning the 14mm guns embedded in the wall will start their attack and if necessary, buy time for a counter force to arrive We can also see several ships anchored within the wall's protection. Their little lights resemble the stars in the sky, albeit a little more colourful. We can't see this in Maizuru.

"Ah! Look! In the sky!" (Zuihou)

I looked at where Zuihou was pointing and saw something disappear right before my eyes.

"What?"

"Aw. You missed it. It was a shooting star!" (Zuihou)

"Ooh. That's rare. Did you make a wish?"

"Of course~!" (Zuihou)

"What did you wish for?"

"That's..." (Zuihou)

She looked down as she shuffled her feet a little. What is she embarrassed about? Zuihou quickly turned around and ran off,

"That's a secret!" (Zuihou)

"Ah. Oi. Don't run! Otherwise-"

"Kyaaaa!" (Zuihou)

Zuihou screamed and flailed her arms wildly before falling face first into the water and sand. The tide came in when as she ran. Her shoes aren't made for running on the wet sand.

Don't laugh.

I rushed over to her side,

"Bllergh~ Ther' ish shan in bly blouth. Plerp!" (Zuihou)

"You... should know better not... pfft... to run on this type of terrain and with those shoes of yours. H-here."

Zuihou grabbed my hand and I helped her up. She is soaked and covered in sand. She used her hands to clean her mouth and dust the sand off her clothes.

"Ugh... I can still feel sand in my mouth." (Zuihou)

"Let's get... Pfft... back to the h-hotel."

It's taking a lot to hold back my laughter.