Chapter 41: Decisions Part 1

Once the fleet returned, I sent the injured Zuihou to the docks along with Shouhou. Even though the enemy was a tough one, it's barely a miracle that we only suffered a single injury.

Even though she was supposed to be the lucky one.

"Now then, let's talk."

"Grr..." (CA Yuudachi)

I have the four Crimson Axis shipgirls sit down in front of me in the launch bay. Fusou and Yamashiro are the only ones in a Seiza position, while the other two are still tied up in Murasame's chains.

"Let me introduce myself, I'm Keita, Admiral of this Naval District. Let's have a little chat."

"Hah. Chat? So is this how people of this world initiate a conversation? Tying little girls up and forcing them on the ground." (CA Yukikaze)

"I'm not going to bother retorting about that last part but you're right."

I looked at Murasame and gave a nod. The chains holding Yuudachi and Yukikaze unwrapped themselves and returned back into Murasame's sleeves.

"There. But if you come at me, I will have Murasame wrap you up again."

"Will you really return Shigure to us?" (CA Fusou)

"Kawakaze already told you. We didn't capture Shigure. She just came barging in on her own accord and wouldn't leave. Besides, it all depends on her, whether or not she wants to return to you guys."

"Why did she leave? Is it because I ate her pudding the other day? I already apologized!" (CA Yuudachi)

"I don't think she will leave for something that trivial. Or maybe she might." (CA Yamashiro)

I sat on the floor in front of them,

"Do any of you know what the Nishimura Fleet is? 1Y3BH? Or the Battle of Surigao Strait?"

The four girls gave each other puzzled looks. As expected.

"Shigure did mention something about that before. She said she missed us, even though we just met her."

"I'm sure you heard that the war you lot are fighting actually happened in this world once, right?"

"N-no. Priestess Akagi did not mention any of that. She just gave us the other to look for the rest of the fleet and to find Shigure." (CA Fusou)

What a surprise. Akagi seems to be hiding information from them. That's a typical villain troupe.

"What is this Nishimura Fleet thing you mentioned earlier?" (CA Yamashiro)

"Are you sure you want to know about it?"

"It's related to Shigure's behavior. Please tell us." (CA Fusou)

Looks like I need to give them a small history lesson,

"The Nishimura Fleet was made up of Battleships Yamashiro, Fusou, Aviation Cruiser Mogami, Destroyers Michishio, Asagumo, Yamagumo and Shigure. Their task was to cut through the Surigao Strait and enter Leyte Gulf to assist the Kurita Fleet. However, they didn't make it. 25 October, 1944. That is the date that Fusou, Yamashiro, Mogami, Michishio, Asagumo and Yamagumo sunk in a battle against the Americans. Shigure was the only survivor."

Fusou and Yamashiro widened their eyes. Of course. It must be shocking to hear that you were supposed to be dead.

"That was over 80 years ago. The war continued until Japan fell and surrendered. In your words, the Sakura Empire lost."

"That's..." (CA Yuudachi)

"Ridiculous? Sadly, that's the historical truth. Shigure knew about it. How? I don't know either. She expressed sadness when she said none of you remembered. She even cried in her sleep once in a while."