Chapter 12: Something Worth Fighting For (Prinz Eugen POV)

"Here, Eugen-chan." (Mamiya-san)

"Danke, Danke!" [Thank you!]

I took the bowl of Anmitsu from Mamiya-san's hand. I love the sweet, fruity taste of this Japanese dessert. We don't have this back in the Fatherland. Maybe they do now, I think. I should travel there some time in the future. The country must have changed a lot since then. Walking along the wharf while snacking on Anmitsu and enjoying the sea breeze is the perfect way to enjoy my off day in the district.

köstlich! [Delicious!] How does Mamiya-san blend the fruits and jelly with the red bean paste so well?

Hm? What's that? I noticed something resting on the edge of the pier. It's some kind of metal object. Are those guns? What is that tower thing? It looks foreign to me but somewhat familiar at the same time. Strangely enough, I feel compelled to approach her.

"Nagato?"

Huh? Why did I say that name?

The tower moved and turned, revealing a cute little girl in a Japanese Shrine Maiden outfit and animal ears. Attached to her are four huge cannons. There are tears in her eyes. Is she a cosplayer? What is a civilian doing here? More importantly, what is this nostalgic sensation?

"Who are you? *sniff*" (Unknown girl)

"Erm... I'm the heavy cruiser Prinz Eugen. Nice to meet you!"

"Prinz *Sniff* Eugen?" (Unknown girl)

"Yes. How about you, little girl? What's your name?"

The little girl rubbed her eyes,

"I am Nagato. You just said it earlier " (Unknown girl)

So her name really is Nagato... No way. It's not as though the name Nagato solely belongs to the battleship. Other people can be called Nagato as well. It's just a name.

"Nagato, huh. Then, can I call you Nagato-chan?"

"Whatever you wish..." (Nagato-chan)

"Yay!"

"Not only your appearance, even your personality seems different..." (Nagato-chan)

"Eh? Why did you say that?"

"The Prinz Eugen I know is more sarcastic and cheeky." (Nagato-chan)

"I don't know which Prinz Eugen you are referring to but Onee-chan is definitely not like that."

"Right. This is another world after all. Another timeline..." (Nagato-chan)

She looks like she is about to cry again. I walked up to the pier,

"Pardon me."

And sat down beside her. I still can shake off this feeling of nostalgia. It's the first time I've seen this girl but it feels like I have been through so much with her. Her props are in the way though.

"What happened? Are you lost?"

"In a way, yes. I don't know what *sniff* to do anymore..." (Nagato-chan)

"It's okay. I can take you to the police. They can help you find your parents. Those props may scare them though."

"Another one. You are making fun of me as well, aren't you?! Whatever! I don't care anymore!" (Nagato-chan)

Ah. Looks like I somehow made her angry.

"If we are going to lose in the end, then what was the point of this whole thing? Why did we team up with the Sirens and Ironblood in the first place? Why did we wage this stupid war with Azur Lane? Why? In the end, it will all be for naught." (Nagato-chan)