Monaco

I start to wake up as I can feel Daniel moving to put on his seatbelt. I sit up and yawn,"Are we there yet? Did I really sleep the entire time? I'm sorry I didn't mean to be so boring. I guess I was a lot more tired then I thought." I also put on my own seatbelt.
"It's fine, I'm glad you took a nap, because when we get to my place I'm getting some food and then the guys are coming over. So at least you won't be too tired to meet them." He makes sure my seatbelt is on properly.
"Oh they are coming over tonight, that sounds like fun. So who will be there?" I ask him.

"Me off course!" Lando tells me.
"Nice, I was hoping you'd be there." I let him know.
"So Yeah Lando, Max, Charles, Pierre and George are coming. I will drop you off at the apartment and then I'm going to get some pizza and snacks for the evening. If you are ok with that?" He asks.
"Sounds good to me. Is it ok if I take a quick shower when you are out?" I ask him.
"Absolutely, I want you to feel at home, so yeah go for it." He holds my hand again, because we are descending. I've almost got my feet on solid ground again. I still have trouble realizing I'll be in Monaco soon, at Daniels place and I'm going to hang out with some of the other drivers.

"What about their girlfriends? Aren't they coming?" I ask.
"Well we already know poor Lando will be alone." He teases Lando.
"Screw you" Lando tries to sound mad, but that didn't work.
Daniel laughs,"Kelly has her daughter, so she won't be there and for the rest I think they have work to do and will meet up with us later this week, probably in Italy."
"I would love to meet them, all of them are so incredibly beautiful, I really hope they will like me." I squeeze Daniels hand because the wheels of the plane touch the landing strip.
"Luisa will love you, I'm sure of it." Lando tells me.

The plane is slowing down and is now making it's way to the terminal so we can get off.
"Thanks for saying that Lando. I appreciate it." I thank him as we can take off our seatbelts.
Even though it has only been a short flight I'm glad I can get up and move a bit.
I grab my bag from the storage above our heads, the doors of the plane open and they attach a staircase to it.
It feels so weird being here in Nice, I know we still have a short drive to get to the apartment. But that's only about half an hour.

There is somebody unloading our luggage, we collect everything, then we go through customs and we get out to grab a taxi.
As we drive along the coast the views are amazing. But when we reach Monaco and actually drive through it blows my mind.
The yachts that are in the marina are ridiculous, some have pools on them and just look like hotels.
I've never seen anything like it. It's also crazy to realize that in a couple of weeks there will be race cars driving through these streets.

Finally we reach a stunning apartment complex and the taxi stops in front of the door.
We get out and the drivers puts our stuff on the sidewalk. I want to grab my suitcase, but Daniel is quicker. It's a good thing it has wheels, so he doesn't need to carry it.
Lando lives in the same building as does Max, but we will meet him later.
We take the elevator and Lando gets out a few floors up.
"See you later guys, I'm gonna put my stuff away and take a shower as well. Just let me know when you got the pizza and I will come to your place." He waves and takes of to go to his apartment.

We have to go up a bit more, but we finally reach Daniels floor and we can also get out. For some reason I'm getting a bit nervous.
I mean what if I don't fit in, what if the guys don't like me or I make a complete fool of myself. Or what if Daniel figures out he doesn't like me as much as he thinks he does.
I take some deep breaths as I follow Daniel to his door. Before he opens it he looks back at me and asks: "You ready to see your accommodation for the next days?"
"Yeah I think so, let me see the place you call home." I smile and he opens the door.