Hold my hand

I get out of bed after Daniel completely froze under my touch. I guess he can't even bare the thought of me touching him. I'm absolutely gutted, so I decide to leave the room for a bit. I walk to Michaels room, hopefully he is still awake.
I knock on his door and it takes a while, just as I decide to leave the door opens and Michael is standing there in just a towel.
"Oh shit I'm sorry." I quickly turn around and I hear him laugh.
"It's fine come in, I'll get dressed quickly."

I turn back around and I can't help myself, but I check out his body, "looks good Italiano." Even though I feel miserable I manage to laugh with him. I walk inside and sit down on his couch while he goes to his bedroom to put some clothes on.
I realize that seeing Michael practically naked, and him looking very fine, doesn't make me feel anything close to what I feel when I see Daniel like that.

"So I guess you didn't come here to check out my sexy body right?" Michael asks me when he comes out of his bedroom, this time in sweatpants and a t-shirt.
"No, I didn't know where to go. Can I sleep on your couch tonight?" I ask him and he raises an eyebrow.
"Why would you want that? What's going on?"

"I think Daniel doesn't want me anymore. I just can't be in the same room with him now." I shiver and I realize I'm only wearing a T-shirt and panties.
Michael sees it and he grabs a blanket to keep me warm. "Why would you think that? He loves you."

"He barely says a word to me and when he came to bed I wanted to lie against him like we always do and he just froze. I could feel all his muscles tense up when I touched him." I try to wipe away the tears that are making my cheeks wet, but there are too many so I give up.
"He must really be repulsed by me or something, why else would he react like that?"

"He's not, I can guarantee that. Look I shouldn't be the one to tell you what's wrong, he should, but I hate seeing you like this." He holds out his arms and I snuggle against him.
"Daniel deals with a tremendous amount of guilt for not being there yesterday."

"But I don't blame him for that. I never said anything about it. I totally understand that he was in that press conference. Why would he feel guilty about that?" I'm so confused right now. How could he think like that.

"I tried to tell him that as well, but he thinks it looks like his job and his life was more important than yours. You've given up pretty much everything and when you needed him the most, he wasn't there." Michael is trying to explain, but I just don't understand why Daniel doesn't tell me this. I also say that to Michael.

"Because he doesn't want to burden you with his trouble and grief. He feels he should be there to console you, but he feels so horrible he struggles with that. That's why he pretty much avoids you and because of that he feels guilty again. But he is trying to fix himself. Even though I explained to him it's something the both of you are going through and he can also lean on you just as you should be able to lean on him." I sit up and look at Michael.

"If he would just talk to me I would understand. When we just got together we agreed we would always be there for each other and communicate if anything ever bothered us. I just can't believe that right when we need each other the most he pushes me away." After hearing all this, I know where Daniels behavior is coming from, but I'm still sad and angry that he is behaving like this.

"Thanks for telling me this, let's hope he is ready to open up to me soon, because he's really breaking my heart right now. Can I still crash on your couch though?" He shakes his head.

"I'm not going to let you sleep on the couch. If you really don't want to go back to your room you can sleep in my bed. I'll take the couch. You just came out of hospital today. What kind of friend would I be if I let you sleep on a couch after that."