Spa

After visiting the Fairmont, we decided to have our reception and party there. It was still pretty fancy, but it was also more modern and it just fits us better.
For the cake I showed Daniel the idea I had and he loved it. So we went to the baker. Got some flavors to taste and decided on a layer of chocolate cake with fresh strawberries and cream in between. That reminds us of our first race weekend in Imola, when we had chocolate fondue strawberries. The next layer will be vanilla cake with Boston cream filling and the the third and last layer will be vanilla with white chocolate and raspberry filling.

The first layer will have a silhouette of us on the open spot where Daniel took me to watch the view, with the view on the background as well. The second layer will have some LA decor on it with silhouettes of Daniel proposing to me. And the top layer will have the view of the mountains we had while we were at the ranch. So I'm sure the cake will be amazing.
Kelly and Charlotte have been helping out with the invitations. We eventually had to choose between 2 options.
We picked eco friendly invitations, Seb would be so proud.
They are made from recycled paper and printed with environmental friendly ink.

So that means I have a dress, Daniel has his suit, we have a venue, we have a cake, the music has been taken care off as my band is playing first and then dj Martin Garrix, or Martijn will take over for the rest of the night. And now we have arranged the invitations. We handed the list with the guests to the printer who will send them as soon as they are done.

We decided we don't want wedding gifts, but we want people to plant a tree as a gift. We chose 'One Tree Planted' as the organization to plant the trees. I hope we can make sure a lot of trees will be planted this way.
Abby has already been shopping for Pixies flower girl dress and she looks so cute in her light blue dress. Mason has a suit just like Daniels apparently, but I'm not allowed to see that yet.
Now all we need is bridesmaids dresses.

As we are now heading to a triple header for the races, we will do the shopping for the bridesmaids dresses after the race in Monza. Because then we have some time before leaving for Singapore. Bri and Jen will come over to Monaco to do some shopping. Charlotte and Kelly know exactly where to go, so that helps a lot.

Right now we have just put our suitcases in the hotel room in Spa. Daniel has his press conference tomorrow later in the afternoon. The fun part is that he's planned together with Checo, so I'm sure the press will be focusing on the both of them, Seb, Pierre and Nicholas are also joining them. After Seb announcing his retirement he was the centre of attention at the Hungarian press conference.
Daniel and I still haven't made our engagement official, but I'm not taking my ring off anymore, so I'm guessing this weekend it might become public knowledge.

"So tomorrow morning you're going to do the track walk right?" I ask Daniel when we walk to the restaurant to get some dinner.
"Yeah, would you like to join? It's a long walk though and uphill as well. But the track is so amazing here. I'm sure you would love it."
I'm glad I brought some good shoes to walk on.
"Absolutely I'm joining you. I want to have a moment at the spot where Antoine crashed to lay some flowers there. I know I've never met him, but I did follow his career and he was definitely going to make F1."

This is my first time at Spa, so I never had a chance to do something, but I've watched Pierre have a moment at the place of the crash since it happened and it always brings tears to my eyes.
Now I know Pierre well, so I just want to show him I care. I know it's not about me, but I also want him to know that plenty of people remember Antoine.

"That's sweet baby, we can definitely do that. He was very talented and it's a shame we never had a chance to see him succeed in F1." Daniel says. Our order is placed on the table and I end up having Belgian waffles with whipped cream and fresh strawberries for dessert.
There's definitely something with us and strawberries as I dip one in the whipped cream to feed it to Daniel.
"I'm going to burst I think." I moan after I almost finished the waffle. I just can't eat it all and Daniel has to stick to his diet as it's raceweekend.