Useless

Daniels pov:

I really don't want to leave Sky in the hospital again, but she has a point. I have to be in the car tomorrow for practice but more importantly quali. There's no way I can get anything out of myself and the car if I don't sleep or eat.
But it tears me up inside to leave her. Yet again my work is more important.

There's no way I can ever come close to making this up to her. I failed her so badly today, I should have been the one taking her to hospital, not Michael. Even though I'll be forever grateful that he was able to go to her and he pretty much saved her.
I don't think I'll ever forgive myself for not being there myself. And I don't think she should either.

When I get into the room it smells like cleaning product. Michael mentioned he had the room cleaned. I'm almost afraid to get into the bathroom, but when I turn on the light everything is spotless. I let out a shaky breath, I guess I should be grateful I don't get to see the way it looked here before.
I get to bed and when I see the time I decide to call my parents. It's morning in Perth now so they should be awake.

"Daniel? What is going on? What happened to Skylar. We've been seeing all these posts online and you missed the first practice. What the hell happened?"
My mom has tried to contact me all morning. Well for them it's morning, she is frantic to find out what's going on.
"Mom." I start crying again.
"Daniel please what's wrong. Why are you crying?"

"It's the baby, Skylar had a miscarriage today." She can hear me sobbing from the other side of the world and there's nothing she can do to comfort me right now.
"Oh no sweetheart, I'm so sorry. That's horrible." We are both sobbing on the phone and I hear my dads voice in the background.
"Grace? What's going on?"

"They lost the baby Joe. Skylar had a miscarriage." My mom blows her nose and I try to calm down myself.
"No way! Really? Oh shit. How is she doing?" I hear my dad ask.
"She's hanging in there. But she's devastated and heart broken. She tried to call me when she felt something was wrong, but I was in the press conference so then she called Michael and he found her in the bathroom bleeding and almost passed out."
I swallow to prevent myself from breaking apart again. "He picked her up and took her to the hospital where they rushed her to the OR, she was losing too much blood. I saw Michaels clothes when I got there and it was like a horror movie. He was covered in her blood." I feel like I'm going to be sick.

"Jesus Christ, poor thing. But she is physically ok now?"
"As good as it can be expected I guess. She should be discharged tomorrow morning. So I'll pick her up and take her to the hotel. She pretty much forced me to go to the hotel just now, so I could get some sleep. But I don't know if I'll be able to sleep without her. I mean ever since she came with me to Monaco we haven't slept apart." I look at the empty space besides me and I already miss her like crazy.

"It's just one night son, she is right though. You need to sleep. Because when she gets out of hospital she will need you." My mom sounds so sure of herself, but I'm not.
"I let her down today mom, I wasn't there for her."

"What are you talking about, you were doing your job. She knows that and she understands, she's a smart girl and I don't think she feels that way at all. Don't be so hard on yourself."

"Yeah well I should try to sleep I guess. I'll talk to you guys later." We end the call and I lie down on the pillow. It takes a while before I finally fall into a restless sleep filled with nightmares.

I wake up way too early, but I get out off bed
anyways. I take a shower and then go downstairs for some breakfast. I'm not really hungry, my stomach feels like it's turned upside down, but I still manage to eat some porridge.
I check my phone, there are plenty of messages, but I don't feel like replying to any of them. I do see that Max texted me how sorry he is about what happened. I guess Kelly told him yesterday and also Charles has sent me something similar.